Acclimating Angelfish

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just got an angelfish and I know they’re more sensitive than our other fish. Best way to acclimate them? We don’t have the equipment for the drip method. Thanks!

OP
OP
Manda0597

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic

2DF7695A-85F8-4165-BC9E-45927C351C01.jpeg

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you need is a piece of tubing and bucket to drip acclimate.....

Otherwise just take 1/5th to 1/4 cup of water every 20m or so and do it for 2 hours. Then adjust fresh RO water to right temp and ph and give 5-10m freshwater bath before putting into Qt. Good luck.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty fish!

I have a Flame , True Shepards Angel and just last week added a Coral Beauty.

For acclimation we put the fish and bagged water into a small tank (Red Sea ATO maybe 2 gallons). Then like Flame2hawk posted above, removed water slowly and added tank water. I didn't do the freshwater bath.

The Coral Beauty is doing great.

OP
OP
Manda0597

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty fish!

I have a Flame , True Shepards Angel and just last week added a Coral Beauty.

For acclimation we put the fish and bagged water into a small tank (Red Sea ATO maybe 2 gallons). Then like Flame2hawk posted above, removed water slowly and added tank water. I didn't do the freshwater bath.

The Coral Beauty is doing great.
Thank you! That’s what we are doing! We had a flame angel but I believe he cane to us with ICH and he lasted about 2 weeks. Those are BEAUTIFUL FISH! But this is our first tank and that was our first time dealing with ich and we didn’t catch it in time and lost the flame angel and one clown to it. We have a 40 gallon tank but will be getting a much larger tank probably about 120 gallons in about a year and a half. Here’s a pic of the flame angel we had!

97E056B5-5D90-4BF7-8275-81CAD0ACFE5B.jpeg

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! That’s what we are doing! We had a flame angel but I believe he cane to us with ICH and he lasted about 2 weeks. Those are BEAUTIFUL FISH! But this is our first tank and that was our first time dealing with ich and we didn’t catch it in time and lost the flame angel and one clown to it. We have a 40 gallon tank but will be getting a much larger tank probably about 120 gallons in about a year and a half. Here’s a pic of the flame angel we had!

Sorry to hear about your flame angel. A couple of years back we bought 3 different angels (flame, lemon peel and midnight) and all 3 died within a month. They were purchased from the LFS. I don't think they came to us healthy. All the angels we have now came from LA/DD.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the cup method, but if your in point salinity wise just float then drop in.

OP
OP
Manda0597

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your flame angel. A couple of years back we bought 3 different angels (flame, lemon peel and midnight) and all 3 died within a month. They were purchased from the LFS. I don't think they came to us healthy. All the angels we have now came from LA/DD.
We are still going through new tank/first tank growing pains for sure but I’m hooked on the hobby. There’s just so much we don’t know about or don’t have the set up for yet. We went to the LFS to get another clown and this angel was in the tank with it. By the time he gets bigger we’ll have a bigger tank for him. Battling cyano and nitrates currently.

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby. Its an awesome hobby. I would encourage you to Look up the article about ich eradication versus ich management in this forum. it is very informative and will help educate you as to what you are dealing with.

OP
OP
Manda0597

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby. Its an awesome hobby. I would encourage you to Look up the article about ich eradication versus ich management in this forum. it is very informative and will help educate you as to what you are dealing with.
Thank you! It's been rather frustrating and we've flushed (literally) several hundred dollars down the drain during this trial and error process. But We're getting through the growing pains! Check out my build thread if you want!

OP
OP
Manda0597

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: I read that Angels need sponge/algae in their diet and to feed this food. But I have a commuity tank. Will this hurt my other fish to eat it if I feed this along with the brine and mysis shrimp I usually feed?

1590523548800.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back