Acclimating new coral to light

Drew1900

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wherever you add a new coral to your DT or QT, how do you go about acclimating that coral to your current lighting? Do you stick them down in a low light area for a bit and them move them to their permanent location? Or do you immediately place them where you want them?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wherever you add a new coral to your DT or QT, how do you go about acclimating that coral to your current lighting? Do you stick them down in a low light area for a bit and them move them to their permanent location? Or do you immediately place them where you want them?
Start low

OP
OP
Drew1900

Drew1900

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! Just wanted to make sure I was adding corals the right way

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive added mushrooms and some sps to the top rack immediately before with no ill effects but its all dependent on your tank parameters too.
My mushrooms will tend to split or walk around if i put them up high right away.

Oropher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I borrowed a Seneye to help me with PAR measurement from a local fish group. It is very useful down the road.

Slide1.PNG

20200912_130239.jpg

Some frags i put in the acclimation spots, whereas some colony i put on their final spots.

Back then i was afraid of RTN, however i noticed a monti cap frag had been completely white and now it regrows again completely. A frag of seriatopora caliendrum, hyndopora, anacropora had been necrosis almost completely and now they are regrow :p ;Chicken

Sorry not my intention to hijack your thread, i thought you'll get ideas from my sharing. Because I'm still a newbie too.

Happy reefing.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back