TCK Corals

Alex Cataldo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone, I was wondering how I can acclimate Acropora and SPS corals to a lower lighted tank. My buddy has the coral under 600 par and they would be going into a tank with 250-350 par average. I’m just not sure how to approach this without stressing out the coral too much.

World Wide Corals

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone, I was wondering how I can acclimate Acropora and SPS corals to a lower lighted tank. My buddy has the coral under 600 par and they would be going into a tank with 250-350 par average. I’m just not sure how to approach this without stressing out the coral too much.
I think it would be fine if everything else is close to the same it may have no effect, this situation had happened many times before getting par measurements became so popular, even wild corals going to a tank would see something similar. I think it would be fine. Something like 250-350 is not under lighting them.

Natural_Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Agreed l! You should be OK with Lower PAR. I am starting to collect SPS and most of the frags come from high High Par tanks. I always have my down at lower part of my tank (around 200-250 PAR) for 3-4 week. Then move up to mid-level (about 300-350) for couple weeks (sometimes, frags would stayed at this level for months when I am too busy and they still doing great) Then top of the tank around 450-500 PAR! So far, I haven't lost any frags by doing this.

Corals.com
TCK Corals

Let’s talk about stuffing: How full is your tank?

• My tank is overcrowded.

Votes: 73 14.0%
  • My tank is nearly full/full but not overcrowded.

Votes: 175 33.7%
  • My tank is just getting started and growing.

Votes: 240 46.2%
  • I take a minimalist approach with my tank.

Votes: 32 6.2%
Reef Brite the professionals choice