Acclimation gone wrong.

reefing.on.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m acclimating a butterfly today to try and help with sone of this Aiptasia. He doesn’t look like he’s doing too well. But I haven’t dealt with too much live stock. Has anyone had a fish come back from this??? Photos below.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• 61309932582__D6E0CAD6-5A77-4A8C-8929-7EE20EC2289D.MOV
    1 MB

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he bought at a pet store, shipped? Was he like this when you bougt him/he arrived or did he become like this during the acclimation process? Unfortuantely, I don't think he has a very optimistic prognosis. I'm sorry.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are having doubts about its health, I would not add it to the tank in case the issue is disease.

OP
OP
R

reefing.on.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he bought at a pet store, shipped? Was he like this when you bougt him/he arrived or did he become like this during the acclimation process? Unfortuantely, I don't think he has a very optimistic prognosis. I'm sorry.

bought at a pet store. Seemed to be in great health when I got him. He didn’t show any signs until acclimation. I have him in a hang on mesh breeding box at the moment. He’s still gasping so I didn’t want to call it quits. do you think it’s worth giving him to morning or should I separate him now?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was your acclimation process like?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it was 2 ml every 15 minutes?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s still gasping so I didn’t want to call it quits. do you think it’s worth giving him to morning or should I separate him now?

When I saw your post, the pictures showed the little guy in a bag, so he was isolated.

The gasping concerns me as it is a symptom of disease. And if it does turn out to be disease, having it in a mesh breeding box means it is sharing water with the rest of the tank and has infected the rest of the tank.

FortyFour44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long was it in the bag before you drip acclimated it for an hour and 20 mins? Possibly ammonia poisoning, which would be better than disease at this point. I hope it pulls through. Good luck!!!

iambenfields

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever is causing the respiratory issues is either in/not in your tank at this point so I’d go for it, and try to help a creature that needs it! Good luck

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back