Acclimation mode ramping calculations question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI Prime 16HD Reef that I have mounted above my 20Cube. I am trying to figure out how to properly calculate what I would call "current settings" of the light on a certain "days remaining" of the acclimation mode. I have run acclimation twice now. The first time was initial setup, and I reset it recently due to some algae and coral health issues. I remember the first time I ran I noticed around day 13remaining the coral looked really happy. This time, I again noticed that the corals were looking really happy. I looked at the days remaining, and it was 13days remaining.

You can't just look at the current settings while it is in acclimation mode, but using math it could easily be determined with all the info that is available. Is there a known method for figuring this out? Or can someone tell me how the light ramps up. I set it at 50% with 30 day duration.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you started at 50% reduction and a 30 day acclimation that’s 1.67% increase/day to go from 50 to 100% in 30 days. So at 13 days remaining your lights are at 50% + (17x1.67) = 78.3% of your current settings

so if you reduce your sliders by 20% you should be right around the same light levels with acclimation off...

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you started at 50% reduction and a 30 day acclimation that’s 1.67% increase/day to go from 50 to 100% in 30 days. So at 13 days remaining your lights are at 50% + (17x1.67) = 78.3% of your current settings

so if you reduce your sliders by 20% you should be right around the same light levels with acclimation off...

That is correct assuming the changes take place daily at the same increments a day. I had sat down and figured it all out, coming to that same conclusion, but then was asked if I was sure that changes happened daily and in those increments.

So I came here and and posted hoping to get confirmation on how the ramp up takes place.

Thanks for the effort regardless.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect the lights are not capable of such exact tuning on a daily basis and it’s probably something more along the lines of 3% every couple days in your scenario. Which would still put you around 75-78% of your current settings at day 17.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back