Acclimation of different species simultaneously?

Pelagikos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow, I'll be receiving a shipment of 3 Zebra Barred Dartfish(Ptereleotris zebra), 1 Tomini Tang, 1 Neon blue Goby (Gobiosoma oceanops)
and 1 Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica).
I'd like to acclimate them all at the same time? How would you suggest I go about breaking up the buckets into as few as possible? Also I usually trip with a heater, what would you suggest?
Tia :D

Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow, I'll be receiving a shipment of 3 Zebra Barred Dartfish(Ptereleotris zebra), 1 Tomini Tang, 1 Neon blue Goby (Gobiosoma oceanops)
I'd like to acclimate them all at the same time? How would you suggest I go about breaking up the buckets into as few as possible? Also I usually trip with a heater, what would you suggest?
With this many fish, rather than buckets, I utilize a rubbermaid type tub. I would highly recommend even a 21 day quarantine. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch in this instance. With buckets- same applies. It takes one infected fish to go in bucket with one clear one to share the love with parasites.
Dont mean to be a downer but this is seen frequently

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With this many fish, rather than buckets, I utilize a rubbermaid type tub. I would highly recommend even a 21 day quarantine. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch in this instance. With buckets- same applies. It takes one infected fish to go in bucket with one clear one to share the love with parasites.

Upvote 0
Solution
OP
OP
Pelagikos

Pelagikos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that is the general rule and should be followed pretty religiously... but I purchase fish specifically from TSM aquatics for their QT procedures. I understand shipment stress can forgo that but I haven't had any problems so far with their stock. So if I have a large enough Rubbermaid container I could just go ahead and put all of these type of fish in at the same time to acclimate? Even if I were to go on to QT?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know that is the general rule and should be followed pretty religiously... but I purchase fish specifically from TSM aquatics for their QT procedures. I understand shipment stress can forgo that but I haven't had any problems so far with their stock. So if I have a large enough Rubbermaid container I could just go ahead and put all of these type of fish in at the same time to acclimate? Even if I were to go on to QT?
With quarantined, we still assume they have something, the bummer with this hobby. If you have ruby Rally Pro, at minimum give them a 60-90 minute bath but you know the risks

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also- Dartfish are notorius jumpers. ( I found out the hard way)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Pelagikos

Pelagikos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also- Dartfish are notorius jumpers. ( I found out the hard way)
I have a lid so hopefully that won't be an issue, but it's always a risk isn't it? Thanks for the heads up! I have Ruby Rally Pro but have never used it. Do you have any suggestions on how to use it during acclimation, or can you?

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a lid so hopefully that won't be an issue, but it's always a risk isn't it? Thanks for the heads up! I have Ruby Rally Pro but have never used it. Do you have any suggestions on how to use it during acclimation, or can you?
Yes, can be used as a bath during acclimation for 60-90 minutes

Upvote 0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back