Achilles tang

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles in Qt for 30 days. 2 rounds of prazi. 2 doses of GC. 30 days of copper at 2.00 ppm. Food soaked with fenbendazole. No signs of ich or velvet. However he continues to occasionally scratch against the pvc. FW dip reveals no flukes. What now? Would you put him in the DT or treat again with prazi and GC. I know I always have the tough ones....

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have any way to get a magnified view of the dip water? Monogenean flukes are a lot smaller than Neobenedenia...I can’t see them without a microscope.
Jay

OP
OP
Flame2hawk

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have any way to get a magnified view of the dip water? Monogenean flukes are a lot smaller than Neobenedenia...I can’t see them without a microscope.
Jay
No. I guess the answer to the question is keep treating.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I guess the answer to the question is keep treating.

Another option would be to remove the copper through water changes (or other method?) and then observe the fish for a full two weeks. During that time, you may see additional symptoms that point to a more specific treatment. At the very least, you avoid the issue I see a lot where people end quarantine and move the fish to the DT only to see a latent disease break there. That said, I do understand that achilles don't appreciate being held in a smaller QT....

Jay

OP
OP
Flame2hawk

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just kept treating as flukes can be stubborn. He’s eating and doing better. What a difference a couple of days can make!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neobenedenia aren't monogeneans?
Sorry, my error, I differentiate between capsalids and smaller flukes to the point that I don’t consider them the same group as monogeneans, but they are....
Jay

Back