Acro battle. How to repair the loser?

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few nights ago a snail ( I’m assuming) knocked my sunset Millepora loose and of course it fell into one of my orange passion frags. Burnt the heck out of one side. Now I notice some brown algae has attached to the dead part. Outside of brushing off the algae is there something I can do to the damage until it grows back?
thanks

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes,if continues to recede ,cut off dead skeleton with just a 1/16 " or so of live with it.
then remount as normal.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey where's your build badge ?? ...;):cool:

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey where's your build badge ?? ...;):cool:

Ha !! I never got around to starting a build thread for this tank. 6 months in would be a lot of work to catch up.
However, I just ordered a new tank which will be Acropora only so I'll definitely get a build thread going for that one ;)

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn snails, i've had a few frags get knocked loose as well. I use extra glue now haha. I do what Fishguy said, just watch it, and if it gets worse, cut the dead part off. Keep the algae off and it will probably recover.
Off topic but did you ever find anything out about the red riding hood mille?

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn snails, i've had a few frags get knocked loose as well. I use extra glue now haha. I do what Fishguy said, just watch it, and if it gets worse, cut the dead part off. Keep the algae off and it will probably recover.
Off topic but did you ever find anything out about the red riding hood mille?

im really bad at attaching frags.

Not really about the red riding hood. No answers here. I did find an old sales listing on gta reef that had something called a GR Red Riding Hood but he never lists any info. I don’t know if GR stands for GTA REEF or not. I’ll have to shoot him an email.
there’s been a mm or two of vertical growth on it and I’m really interested to see this one grow and what colour it ends up being.

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suck at it too, but getting a little better. My problem is not using enough glue, and worrying too much about damaging the frag, plus my hands shake a lot. I twist them now in place under water and it seems to help hold.
Yeah I believe GR stands for gta reef. They have a few acro's listed as GR on their site. I'm interested to see how it grows out, its a nice looking piece.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back