Acropora pest ID

thekeywork

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi all,
I don’t know if this is a pest causing damage to my acros, or if the acros STN’d and they are just inhabiting the skeletons, but I’ve had two Acro frags die from the bottom up with these tiny black worm things on them. Any ID?
Thank you!

2CFFF4FA-B7F0-4B10-A61F-B1E66F3BD92E.jpeg

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

C. Eymann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Corals.com
OP
thekeywork

thekeywork

View Badges
Reaction score
yeah....that looks a lot like it, though I've ordered a microscope to get a better look. I removed the frag from my tank, but the concerning bit is that the previous frag that showed the same signs was removed before this one was added, making me think that it hung around in the tank. Thanks for the diagnosis.

C. Eymann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
yeah....that looks a lot like it, though I've ordered a microscope to get a better look. I removed the frag from my tank, but the concerning bit is that the previous frag that showed the same signs was removed before this one was added, making me think that it hung around in the tank. Thanks for the diagnosis.
I commend you for purchasing a microscope, to my knowledge not much is known about this on a hobby level at least, thankfully it's not very prevalent... yet
Anything you observe and document can be incredibly valuable to the hobby.

Let's hope it doesn't turn into the same story as the vibrio sp. "outbreak" back in the late 90s/2000s

Where do you go in case of a real reef tank emergency?

• Me, myself and I

Votes: 90 39.1%
  • Local Friend

Votes: 22 9.6%
  • Reef2Reef

Votes: 98 42.6%
  • Other

Votes: 20 8.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors