Acropower Amino Acid Suppliment

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got this bottle of Acropower in the mail today. It claims to provide amino acids to the corals which in return are supposed to give your corals more color. 99% of the reviews were good online so I decided to give it a go. I put the beer in the same picture to give you an idea the size of the bottle, oh yea that reminds me I have to get another from the fridge lol. If you have ever used Acropower and noticed any improvement please share your story with me

Thank you
FugeTown
C6D394B2-6C45-47C5-9569-E1F0292ED149.jpeg

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME it's a great way to add "simple" nutrients, in a controlled manner, to your system if you have a low nutrient system.
That’s exactly what I got it for cause I have a low nutrient system, I almost bought Red Sea reef energy A&B but the Acropower had way more good reviews.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been running it for about a year now. I haven't seen anything bad come from using it. I struggle to keep nitrates in my tank so along with 4 feedings a day I dose this and it keeps the nitrates at 5ppm. I don't remember what my tank was like when I didn't use it but it certainly doesn't hurt.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been using it for 4 years now and have 3 16ox bottle if that gives you an idea of how I like it LOL.
I have noticed higher blues and red coloration on coral and polyp extension about 2 hours after dosing. I cant say it does the job, but it does contribute to the health of my specimens.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it for 4 years now and have 3 16ox bottle if that gives you an idea of how I like it LOL.
I have noticed higher blues and red coloration on coral and polyp extension about 2 hours after dosing. I cant say it does the job, but it does contribute to the health of my specimens.
Very nice, I can’t really tell if my Acropower is doing anything positively because I made a alkalinity change in the two weeks that I have been using it so hard to tell for sure but my green Acro has started growing on to the rock it’s sitting on so definitely good stuff happening since I started dosing it.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say I’ve seen a slight up in my Alk consumption in the past couple weeks. Nothing major but definitely consuming more Alk.
Mine will be staying from 8.0 to 8.2 every day with the kalkwasser drip. I used to be at 10.5 to 11 dkh but with my new low nutrient system high alk causes negative effects so now I'm down to 8 I can tell my corals look happier since I dropped it.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank crash a while back from problems with the kalkwasser clogging my auto topoff while away and also bryopsis. This is my third tank crash in 6 years so I'm on the brink of giving up. The acropower though didn't really notice my corals get any more colorful or anything like that , nothing negative happened either. I'm guessing just keeping the main parameters stable with water changes is the best bet. I'm out of town for 3 days a week so it's pretty difficult to maintain a reef tank at the moment but it's been a heck of a ride with plenty of ups and downs. The funny part is one the corals that survived was a gonipora which are supposed to be the most difficult coral to keep lol my tank is still running but don't do as much as far as trying to keep up with the parameters any more , o well maybe some day I'll start over but gotta do Christmas first.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back