0   0   0
More:
RCA Baton Rouge
rcabatonrouge (1 of 1).jpg

RCABatonRougeActinic (1 of 1).jpg

Hungs Rainbow Explosion/BC Hungs Truly Unbelievable
hungsrainbowexplosion2 (1 of 1).jpg

HungsRainbow (1 of 1).jpg

You’re killing me with the Baton Rouge! I’ve been wanting one of those for a while now.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great topic! Corals look so different under blue light that a lot of them you wouldn't even think they are the same thing. I have ordered some corals thinking they would be amazing only to get them and be disappointed.

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call me crazy, but much like my own tank, yours all look better under white

I don’t run LEDs currently, but I have some in the garage I can throw over the tank in the morning this weekend before the lights come on. See what I’m working with.

Yeah, personally I like viewing my tank 90% of the time under daylight conditions. The actinic hour is nice and fun to look at, but most of the time I like seeing the purples, blues, and colors produced under more normal light conditions. To each their own, some corals look boring under actinics and amazing in white light and visa-versa

James w Lewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that selling these frags using only blue light is dishonest. It isn’t what they would look like in the ocean or in the day time. I paid a ton for a home wrecker from Cornbred and it is green , not at all what it looks like in his pics. I get that they all look different in different tanks and conditions and age but it looks nothing like the pics and my Walt Disney doesn’t either.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the "rainbow" corals I am amazed looks just as nice in daylight as actinic is the Homewrecker. It has the bright colors in full daylight.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New unnamed Vivid piece. Nothing special during the day.
fullsizeoutput_c7c.jpeg

MIND BLOWING under blues.
fullsizeoutput_c8c.jpeg

Personally I don't get why people have to cry about blue pics. Its very obviuos if you look at the disk or hand. I think people need to do what they like and stop worrying about what others do. Personally I run SPS AB+ with 2 blue +, 1 coral + and 1 actinic during the day. But then have a few hours of just blue at night. I have some corals that look good under blue and some under white. I stay away from this forum because every post ends up with the same people crying about LEDS or blue pics. If you MH fine, do you. If you like blue LED fine do you. I don't get it. No dishonesty going on. If anything blues make the corals pop more and bring more people into the hobby.
@FarmerTy I just took a bunch ill post over the next few days. I hate how R2r makes me resize every pic, its very time consuming.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll post more this weekend. I have one here for comparison. No name tenuis off of Facebook. Forgive the image clarity. Cell phone pic, and the frag is toward the back. Heavy zooming going on

Lighting:

Giesemann 6500k Tropic, ATI Purple+
(Literally as white as it gets. No fooling anyone with this, look at the frag plug)
d3bae8c8f0556f8fedc4b00888fa9c45.jpg

ATI Blue+ (4), ATI True Actinic, ATI Purple+
(Pretty blue, though not blue LED-blue)
18ac1fe8243f3d99a2edacf3611a75e0.jpg

I prefer the coloration under whites.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back