Active clubs in north east Texas?

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Van Zandt county and I don't know where any clubs are. My lfs choices are Petco PetSmart and petland all over 45 minutes away in Tyler. Lol
So I usually order online and ship it in. Although I have been thinking of driving to North Dallas aquarium and looking at what they have , it's going to be a all day trip most of it spent driving.:(

Raven2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Hunt County and am looking for a local reef club. Got some corals that I’d like to start fragging soon for swaps/sales.
I’m in Hunt county as well! I’d be down for frag swap or buying frags too. If I find any local reef clubs around here I’ll let you know. Nice to know another hobbyist out here :cool:

aedds2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic here but anyone else having issue with extremely crappy North Texas water? TDS is reading 260 in and 0 out but replacing DI like crazy. 8 hours of new DI and it's already 1/2 spent.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic here but anyone else having issue with extremely crappy North Texas water? TDS is reading 260 in and 0 out but replacing DI like crazy. 8 hours of new DI and it's already 1/2 spent.
I know the water in the Canton area smells of chlorine. But I don't know what the TDS is.

thomaskc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Van Zandt county and I don't know where any clubs are. My lfs choices are Petco PetSmart and petland all over 45 minutes away in Tyler. Lol
So I usually order online and ship it in. Although I have been thinking of driving to North Dallas aquarium and looking at what they have , it's going to be a all day trip most of it spent driving.:(
Go on a Friday morning. They get a lot of stuff in for the weekend. Dallas north is def a good place and Aquastudios in the colony has nice frag rack prices

thomaskc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. New housing, new pipes, lots of sediment gets in the lines. I’ve heard.

simmokalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their stuff is kind of expensive but it’s usually a huge selection

simmokalo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Hunt county as well! I’d be down for frag swap or buying frags too. If I find any local reef clubs around here I’ll let you know. Nice to know another hobbyist out here :cool:
Hunt county over here too. My tank is fairly new but once things start growing in I’m more than willing to frag swap and stuff

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DFWMAS was the main reef club for many years. Unfortunately it is all but dead at this point. A bunch of members jumped ship 7 or 8 years ago and it hasn't recovered. There are DFW facebook groups but they are disjointed and too many of them to keep up with.

unfortunately our local group options are as bad as our fish stores.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back