Add Pygmy Rooster Waspfish to your jumpers list...

onefern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my experience as I added a Red Rooster Pygmy Wasp fish to my tank 3 weeks ago only to notice him missing for the past 5 days. Sure enough, found him dried to a crisp on my floor this afternoon behind my tank. Pretty upset about it as I searched far and wide for this fish for over a year only to have this happen. Anyway, just thought I would share and see if anyone else has had this experience with wasp fish. Maybe I'll consider a lid next time...

RIP lil nugget you were loved <3

Image from iOS (56).jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not typically a jumper and actually a bottom dweller so why would I? And the other guy is right…maybe consider not being a….

Even though a bottom dweller they jump because they have a tendency to zip really fast and easily go over the edge, something likely startled them. All scorps and lions jump and many people are unaware of this, sorry for your loss.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All fish that are physically capable of jumping have a risk of jumping. All aquariums that contain fish other than seahorses need lids. Otherwise you risk your fish dying a slow death, for no reason other than aesthetics. Heck, you need a lid if you have shrimp- they can jump, too. I lost an anemone shrimp because I left the lid off accidentally and it jumped overnight.

Sorry about your fish, but you really do need to get a lid. And I don't think saying "you should do this simple thing to prevent other fish dying slowly" is an unreasonable statement on a post about your fish dying slowly.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back