added a 395nm true led and reefbrite xho

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , I have added a true 395nm diy led bar and a reefbrite xho blue
DSC_6458 under blues.JPG
actinic and thinking its too much and may damage my corals whats the opinion .

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks good, why are you adding them?

It will be easier on your corals if you start running them for an hour or 2 a day and up the time slowly every week. Watch how your tank reacts.

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks good, why are you adding them?

It will be easier on your corals if you start running them for an hour or 2 a day and up the time slowly every week. Watch how your tank reacts.
The lighting did not look consistent front to back uneven intensity if that makes sense and noticable with corals i have had both running for a few days 6pm to 10pm and the UV from 1pm to 10pm on low power and its a lot better the reefbrite make heck of a difference .

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What strip is this? Waveform led
I added 2 a Reefbrite xho and a waveform as the waveform is less visable at 395nm its early days as to what benefits they will give but the spread is certainly what i wanted to achieve. I have 3 Orphek Atlantiks ,2 x OR reefbars , 1 x reefbrite and the diy unit and a radion g3pro on the tank so a massive amount of light so its hard to differentiate a single item suspect its a good mix. any comments be appreciated.last night shot with filter
DSC_6482 (2) besy side on.JPG

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added 2 a Reefbrite xho and a waveform as the waveform is less visable at 395nm its early days as to what benefits they will give but the spread is certainly what i wanted to achieve. I have 3 Orphek Atlantiks ,2 x OR reefbars , 1 x reefbrite and the diy unit and a radion g3pro on the tank so a massive amount of light so its hard to differentiate a single item suspect its a good mix. any comments be appreciated.last night shot with filter
DSC_6482 (2) besy side on.JPG
have you seen any benefits from 395 strip?

OP
OP
maxwell

maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you seen any benefits from 395 strip?
i have taken it off as im rebuilding rig so that i can lift the lighting higher , i did notice that tenuis like it and gave some good colours before i had some set backs . Alls back on track now and the 395nm is in the new rig for now along with 3 others and not going over the tank a im running Atlantiks and 2 x Quanta miso blues , 1 x reef factory and a OR3 violet /uv .

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have taken it off as im rebuilding rig so that i can lift the lighting higher , i did notice that tenuis like it and gave some good colours before i had some set backs . Alls back on track now and the 395nm is in the new rig for now along with 3 others and not going over the tank a im running Atlantiks and 2 x Quanta miso blues , 1 x reef factory and a OR3 violet /uv .

Thanks

Back