Addictive Reef Keeping contact info/shipping time?

travelingpotato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience ordering from Addictive Reef Keeping lately? I ordered from them 2 weeks ago (Sun the 12th). Monday the 13th I got a "your package was shipped" message but still two weeks later it says the package hasn't been dropped off. I went to their website to contact them but their "Contact Us" page gives a "page cannot be found" and just realized the receipt I was emailed has a blank spot for phone number and email contacts.

Anyone get recent orders from them or know contact info? I am obviously a little sketched out by the situation and want to know if I should just wait or dispute the charge with my bank at this point.

Guy317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same problem I ordered from them 3 weeks ago and still nothing and you can’t contact them

OP
OP
T

travelingpotato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same problem I ordered from them 3 weeks ago and still nothing and you can’t contact them
I found their email on their Facebook page. I emailed them and asked them for an update and they just immediately refunded my order and said that they were out of stock of what I ordered. Pretty annoyed that it took me contacting them weeks after saying it shipped for them to say they are out of stock.

I realize they are a small family business but with taking weeks to mail an order, maybe it is time to scale up a bit or at least update their website when things are out of stock.

BubbleBuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an email saying my package was shipped too. USPS tracking shows the label was created a few days ago but the package hasn’t made it to the facility yet. Hopefully it’s just the holiday season causing the delay.

BubbleBuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order arrived today. USPS took 5 days to ship a 2 day priority shipment. USPS labeled the box damaged on receipt some and the box was fairly wet.

Order isn’t bad, but not what I expected. Ordered 4 coralline algae frags and received a bag full of wild harvested coralline that’s full of hitchhikers. Everything is alive and some of coralline is bleached but that may be due to the USPS shipping delay. So far I’ve found some anemones, florida ceriths, yellow sponges, tube worms, a mantis shrimp, and a number of things I can’t ID. I’ll post pictures later.

The box also included a card with the contact info: [email protected]

panchax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least they gave you something - I placed an order on 12/14 and finally got it today. The entire point of my order was the coralline and on the receipt, they just crossed it off and wrote 'refunded.' Yeah, big surprise, I don't see anything pending in my bank.

Going to contact my bank and open a dispute. Really disappointing...

Spig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh man. I wish I had seen this before I placed an order the other day. I'll post my results here for others when the time comes. Fingers crossed

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh man. I wish I had seen this before I placed an order the other day. I'll post my results here for others when the time comes. Fingers crossed
Any feedback? I'm waiting for an order of rocks I placed last week.... :|

Spig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any feedback? I'm waiting for an order of rocks I placed last week.... :|
I just got my order in today actually. I just ordered some corralline algae so we'll see how it goes. Original order was placed Feb 3rd. So it took a bit but it seems his shipping is pretty slow with everything. I was curious about his rocks as well but was hesitant after reading some reviews. Going through reviews and feedback looks like a lot of fake positive reviews and feedback unforturnately. I hope you get your order soon. Im interested to hear how your experience goes.

MakeSomeWaffles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is old but dang.. just put an order through like 3 weeks ago. Finally got it. Everything looks messed up with heat stress, forgot one of the items, and the $40 copepod and zooplankton mix smells like literal horse manure and is all dead. What a crappy experience

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to keep this old thread going, but I was seriously looking at ordering different macros from him - any new / better experiences out there?

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - I know it was a recent post - I Was hoping there would be at least one or two good reviews... he has some stuff I really want, but I'm not going to deal with that headache.

Thanks for the update.

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - I know it was a recent post - I Was hoping there would be at least one or two good reviews... he has some stuff I really want, but I'm not going to deal with that headache.

Thanks for the update.
To be fair, he sent me a message, said, some nonsense about it being a free anemone. And, then refunded my money. So, at least in the end he made it kind of right.

Screenshot_2022-11-11-13-57-41-45_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

Screenshot_2022-11-11-13-58-06-29_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

Last edited:

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried them many times. All the dry goods (rock, sand, crushed coral) ship on time and are always correct. Any of the live goods are hit or miss, sometimes I get what I ordered when it is scheduled and all alive, and sometimes I do not. They always make it good with a refund. Too much hassle for me, and I started using places like reefcleaners.org, where I order a lot from, and it always is correct, on time, and healthy.

Back