Addictivereefkeeping Dry Rock?

Paranoiattack91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with the dry rock from the addictivereefkeeping website? It seems much cheaper than Marco rocks sold elsewhere. I need to buy over 200 lbs and at less than $2 a pound, it would save me a few hundred dollars at least. I tried doing some searching but could not find much info. Any first hand experience?

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with the dry rock from the addictivereefkeeping website? It seems much cheaper than Marco rocks sold elsewhere. I need to buy over 200 lbs and at less than $2 a pound, it would save me a few hundred dollars at least. I tried doing some searching but could not find much info. Any first hand experience?

No first hand experience but he seems to have a good following on FB. I’ve seen a bunch of people recommend him for things on tons of groups.

lissailor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to order these and, while the website said 5 days to ship, I am still without my rocks after 2 weeks of placing my order and no ETA. 1 week after placing the order I asked when they would go out. I received a response that they were backed up and it would ship within the next 3 days. On that third day I received a tracking number and for the following many days the package was not dropped at the shipper. To this day (2 weeks after order) the shipment has not been posted with Fedex. I again inquired and the Seller is unresponsive after 2 days of waiting. I have disputed the charge on my credit card. I am just going to go with MarcoRock from BRS. The savings from Addictive has not been worth the hassle.

Last edited:

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lived in Florida I bought some of similar dry harvested rock like that from another company.

it works great. I added some small prices of live rock with it to seed the rock and I bottle of dr Tim’s.

cycled the tank in just under a week

OP
OP
Paranoiattack91

Paranoiattack91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to order these and, while the website said 5 days to ship, I am still without my rocks after 2 weeks of placing my order and no ETA. 1 week after placing the order I asked when they would go out. I received a response that they were backed up and it would ship within the next 3 days. On that third day I received a tracking number and for the following many days the package was not dropped at the shipper. To this day (2 weeks after order) the shipment has not been posted with Fedex. I again inquired and the Seller is unresponsive after 2 days of waiting. I have disputed the charge on my credit card. I am just going to go with MarcoRock from BRS. The savings from Addictive has not been worth the hassle.
I appreciate your response and I am sorry for what you’ve gone through. I didn’t find enough feedback so I ended up going with Marco rocks through marine depot. Everything arrived within 48 hours, but I do live in the same state.

JOE RIES

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dealt with ARK on ebay...very bad exp, he held my money for 16 days then sent it. it took 11 days, i then ordered from Petco they sell the same stuff for 23 cents more a lbs and it took 3 days to arrive and i got 3 flat rocks. The other guys on ebay have better ratings and reviews and sell the same stuff. it seams Marco from brs is the most expensive but seeing them on YouTube videos they are washed better and have more nooks and crannies.

OP
OP
Paranoiattack91

Paranoiattack91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dealt with ARK on ebay...very bad exp, he held my money for 16 days then sent it. it took 11 days, i then ordered from Petco they sell the same stuff for 23 cents more a lbs and it took 3 days to arrive and i got 3 flat rocks. The other guys on ebay have better ratings and reviews and sell the same stuff. it seams Marco from brs is the most expensive but seeing them on YouTube videos they are washed better and have more nooks and crannies.
Thanks. I ended up going with marco rock. Been curing/cycling in tubs in my garage for the last month.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 72 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back