Adding a fish to existing QT w/copper

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some fish that have been in copper for a couple weeks. I have a fish that I need to add to the QT if possible.

What is the best way to do this? Slowly acclimate? (How long etc?)

I understand the clock starts over for all the fish currently in QT. I also understand this is less than ideal. Thanks for the help.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some fish that have been in copper for a couple weeks. I have a fish that I need to add to the QT if possible.

I understand the clock starts over for all the fish currently in QT. I also understand this is less than ideal. Thanks for the help.

If you are set on doing this I would set up a bucket and start slowly ramping up the copper to match your QT (temp and S.G also) then in 48 hours or so when the copper matches transfer him.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What kind of fish are we talking about here?

I have added several fish directly to therapuetic copper without issue.

Be careful keeping fish in a bucket for 48 hours, ammonia toxicity could become a problem.

OP
OP
GOSKN5

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.. it's a chocolate tang.. I decided to do a long drip of about 6 hours and put him in.. seems fine.. life always seems to throw us curveballs haha..

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back