Adding an external refugium

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a really small sump, a ruby cube 20 by trigger systems. The fuge section. Holds my eheim heaters as its the only section long enough. I've also got extra rock in that section, and it's overly crowded already. I wouldnt want to necessarily light that section and have little room for a proper fuge.

I'm looking at setting a plastic bin of tray above the fuge. I could feed it with the outlet water from the UV sterilizer. If I drilled a hole in the bottom and attached a bulkhead and some hose to drain back into the sump, would this be a reasonable way to add an external fuge? Open to all options.

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without seeing the setup I think that could work if you don't have the room depending on how you did it, but you could also lose valuable real estate for doing anything in the actual sump on the bottom depending on clearance between that and the new fuge above.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the space I've got to work in. The other option after finding the santa monica scrubber thread ongoing is to use one of their floating scrubbers. I think the 4x barely fits the width dimension in this front chamber.

Attachments

• 20210322_205431.jpg
    20210322_205431.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 20

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back