Adding an RFG Nozzle to your aquarium just got easier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VCA now offer genuine Loc-Line products directly from our website.

Adding a Random Flow Generator Nozzles™ to your aquarium has never been easier.

Don't have genuine loc-line? No problem, just replace your NPT threaded part with a genuine loc-line NPT.

Want to create your own Flow Solution with multiple RFG nozzles? We offer a variety of Y splitter and reducers so you can create the perfect setup for your aquarium.

Check it out at:
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-category/loc-line/

VCA_Loc-line.jpg

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building my first Reef Tank and I am very seriously considering using your product for my return lines. But I have a few questions... First a few facts about my tank... 75G Display, Reef Octopus 7000 Return pump. The pump is rated at 1800 GPH max. I expect to get ~700 GPH on each side of the tank after lift, etc. I will be running 3/4 inch PVC up to the tank and drilling the back for the return lines.

I am trying to decide if I should go with two 3/4 RFGs, or four 1/2 RFGs on a pair of "Y" splitters. Any advice would be much appreciated...

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a tough one - you could go either way with this depending on what you plans are for the rock work.
basically the 1/2in RFG can create the same sort wide randomized flow pattern as the 3/4in RFG, but at a further distance. The 3/4in RFG pattern spreads out much closer to the nozzle.

If you plan on lots of rock that may palce coral in direct line with the nozzles, I might lean towards the two, 3/4in RFGs. This will allows you to place coral closer to the nozzle without hitting them too hard. At +/-700GPH per side, you'll have more than enough flow to really get a strong randomized flow patterns but without creating a destructive force.

On the other hand, if your rock works is lower, and you want to push the water a bit further, I would lean towards the four 1/2in RFGs. This will create a tighter flow pattern closer to the nozzle which will help the flow to travel further, but still spread out to a similar flow pattern as the 3/4in at distance. Plus - with 4, you'll have more flexibility on how you position them

Hope that helps in making you decision. if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... In one way, I feel awesome, as the dilemma you pose is exactly what I was thinking it would be, which means my understanding based on the videos I have watched is spot on. On the other hand, I now feel even more confused... I guess I will wait until I have done my Aquascaping, and then make the purchase while the tank is cycling.

I have an idea of what I want to do, but until I build it and have the overflow installed, I am having trouble envisioning what would be best.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... In one way, I feel awesome, as the dilemma you pose is exactly what I was thinking it would be, which means my understanding based on the videos I have watched is spot on. On the other hand, I now feel even more confused... I guess I will wait until I have done my Aquascaping, and then make the purchase while the tank is cycling.

I have an idea of what I want to do, but until I build it and have the overflow installed, I am having trouble envisioning what would be best.

I think holding off until you have a better idea of the aquascape is a good course of action - better to get it right the first time and not have to do it twice. We'll be here when you're ready :)

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am building my first Reef Tank and I am very seriously considering using your product for my return lines. But I have a few questions... First a few facts about my tank... 75G Display, Reef Octopus 7000 Return pump. The pump is rated at 1800 GPH max. I expect to get ~700 GPH on each side of the tank after lift, etc. I will be running 3/4 inch PVC up to the tank and drilling the back for the return lines.

I am trying to decide if I should go with two 3/4 RFGs, or four 1/2 RFGs on a pair of "Y" splitters. Any advice would be much appreciated...
Wonderfull! If your planned on pushing that much flow I would run with the 3/4

dt204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, we do not have any resellers in Canada yet. However, we can ship to Canada. Usually takes about 6-10 business days to arrive.
Cool! You sell directly from your website? Is there an international option in the shopping cart?
Thanks for the quick reply!

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What shipping options are that if shipping to Canada?
We ship all our orders via flat rate USPS. The thee options we offer for Canada are:

First class - 10-15 days: $10.00 USD
USPS Priority - 6-10 business days: $32.00 USD
USPS Preioryt Express - 3-5 Days: $40.00 USD

In my experience the First Class shipping options makes it to most locations in provinces along the shared US & Canadian boarder in as little as 6-10 days.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! You sell directly from your website? Is there an international option in the shopping cart?
Thanks for the quick reply!
Yes - we sell direct from our website, however, the RFG is starting to makes it way into local stores and in other markets such as the UK and Australia, so if happen to be in either of those countries, you may have other options.

We do ship internationally but only a to a around 8 or 9 countries so far. If you attempt to checkout but your country is not on the ship-to list, use our contact form to request a shipping quote.
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/contact/

Include your country and a postal code, or even your full mailing address, and we'll get right back to you with a shipping quote. If you are OK with the cost, then we'll had your country to our ship-to list.

Thank you!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ship all our orders via flat rate USPS. The thee options we offer for Canada are:

First class - 10-15 days: $10.00 USD
USPS Priority - 6-10 business days: $32.00 USD
USPS Preioryt Express - 3-5 Days: $40.00 USD

In my experience the First Class shipping options makes it to most locations in provinces along the shared US & Canadian boarder in as little as 6-10 days.

Thanks for the quick and detailed response, SO glad you don't ship UPS I'll have to get my order in soon! Another question, I have a Red Sea Max C130 wondering which nozzle will fit if any at all? I believe they are 1/2" and need some kind of slip fitting to go over them...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick and detailed response, SO glad you don't ship UPS I'll have to get my order in soon! Another question, I have a Red Sea Max C130 wondering which nozzle will fit if any at all? I believe they are 1/2" and need some kind of slip fitting to go over them...
For the Res Sea Max tanks you want to take a look at the 16mm to 1/2in or 16mm to 3/4in Loc-line adapter. This will convert the flow nozzles in your tank to loc-line. Then you can pair that with some loc-line and the appropriate nozzle. I personally would go with with a single or a dual 1/2in RFG nozzle setup for that tank.

You can pick up all the parts you need from our site, including the loc-line parts. Best place to start is on the "Red Sea Compatible" page and look for the 16mm adapters:
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-category/aquairum-specific/red-sea/

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back