Adding Flame Angel to established Coral Beauty - can it work?

Salina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I finally could get a Flame Angel ( expensive AF), since these have been very rare at the LFS. I have heard about the aggression potential of dwarf angels, so did anybody do this with success? The CB is an adult and the Flame I could get a little smaller, if that would help. Tank has 110g and fish crowed.
I know this is risky, so I am not sure… so any experience is appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: the CB is in the tank since 1 year, and now I want to add the flame.

Last edited:

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on temperament, my CB took to the hybrid I found and both are the same size, but have plenty of area to roam. They are all individuals so one experience is different from the next, my friends eats GHA like a monster, ate all the aptiasia in his tank and keeps everything clean as can be. My other friend, his CB ate all his zoas, mine picks at the rocks and that is about it, maybe depends where collected and what their environment was to begin with.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty is awesome and leaves everything alone. The other midnight dwarf angel is another entity entirely, has developed a taste for acans and will occasionally chase the coral beauty around (despite having 160 gallons to divvy up) - although he’s settled down somewhat since they were first introduced a few weeks ago. It’s really a crap shoot...

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only my Regal picks at coral, that said, he only picks at the coral new to the tank and on my frag rack. If I introduce coral and place them, no issue, if I put them in the rack he will one by one take them out and drop them to the bottom, he is a funny guy.

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I added another coral beauty a flame angel and a Half black angel . The established coral beauty Chased and harressed the three new angels after rearranging rocks in a 125 gallon for 72 hours. The flame was Unmercifully killed the second coral beauty and half black were able to survive and in fact the three angels swim around the tank now together. In short I would not do it again, Of course the most beautiful and MOST expensive angel died.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes, but not always. Tanks from 30g to 500g… going to be moving soon and will add CB to 3 yr resident flame in 200g

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flame angel is an absolute jerk

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not same but similar, CB here for 5 years, added an Eibli (Red Stripe) pygmy in December.... that was a rough couple days for the newbie off the start, was about to pull plug, changed lighting cycle for a few days to about 6 hours a day, it seemed to work.... they are best buddies now. Go figure....
20210704_192126.jpg

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it works because I have a flame angel and since I can't get my hands on a Potters angel I think I am going to get a CB instead.
Crossing my fingers!!!
Love the Potters look....also Rusty, which makes me wonder, I've got room for one more medium sized fish based on my desired low stocking desire of 6 in a 90....tempt fate with 3 Pygmy Angels lol? Oh boy....the WANT....

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back