Adding macro algae to refugium - free floating ok?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've recently taken delivery of your Pom Pom Gracilaria, Red Ogo Gracilaria, and Green Ogo Gracilaria. For now they've just been dumped in the refugium area of my sump, which is bare bottom.
Do these macros do better with some kind of substrate to cling to? Like a little LR rubble or something?

Thanks for any tips!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as they get good flow you’re fine I belive.
If that means an anchor to allow flow to pass through them then that’s the ticket. You’d have to do a bit of digging to see if they are rock encrusting like many calurpa and bryopisis or soil rooting. Like a calurpa prolifera. A prolifera however will do both IME.

OP
OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as they get good flow you’re fine I belive.
If that means an anchor to allow flow to pass through them then that’s the ticket. You’d have to do a bit of digging to see if they are rock encrusting like many calurpa and bryopisis or soil rooting. Like a calurpa prolifera. A prolifera however will do both IME.

Thanks, so far so good. Tried feeding some Red Ogo to the hippo today but so far she hasn't decided it's edible.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back