Adding Rock Shelves to Existing In Tank Rocks

wcreef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the best solution to add a few rock shelves to the existing rock work while in the DT. The CoralCrete doesn't seem to hold very well and takes a while to harden.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the best solution to add a few rock shelves to the existing rock work while in the DT. The CoralCrete doesn't seem to hold very well and takes a while to harden.
Unfortunately unless the rock work is removable the best you will most likely be able to do is putty or coralcrete. Some have had limited success with large volumes of super glue gel but I don't like the risk when using it in large amounts in an established DT.

OP
OP
wcreef21

wcreef21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately unless the rock work is removable the best you will most likely be able to do is putty or coralcrete. Some have had limited success with large volumes of super glue gel but I don't like the risk when using it in large amounts in an established DT.
How's AquaStick Water Epoxy over CoralCrete?

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's AquaStick Water Epoxy over CoralCrete?
They all have their short comings. Everything has to be held in place while it cures. And for it to be long term you need to hit all sides of the joint and really work it into the nooks and crannies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back