Adrien’s Cade 1500 s2 build

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I purcased a Cade 1500 s2 during the black november deal. I finally received the tank today and it looks like the forklift driver messed up and caused some damage to the tank. The front of the tank is scratched. Also, it appears the freight company left my tank outdoors resulting in water damage to the outside packaging. I contacted algaebarn.com hopeing for a resolution, will keep you guys posted on what happens. Also let me hear your thoughts?

EDIT: Samantha from Algaebarn called me today and I am very satisfied with the resolution they provided. These guys are great, I will be receiving a replacement tank as soon as they get one in. I'll post updates as we go on, hopefully I get to share my build with you guys soon. Algaebarn is one of my favorite companies to deal with.

Aquamaxx Cones Q-3
Icecap 4k
4x Kessil A360X with wifi dongle
4x Kessil Mounting Arms
M2 Vectra return pump
Aquamaxx AF-1 Filter roller (going to need to figure out how to install this to sump)
Eco Chic Refugium Lighting

image0-3.jpeg image0-2.jpeg image0-5.jpeg image1-2.jpeg image3.jpeg image0-4.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coomer

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some other pics. You can tell, judging from the appearance of the plywood that it was perhaps sitting out in the rain.

Attachments

• image2-2.jpeg
    image2-2.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 94
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Coomer

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad this happened, but @AlgaeBarn is pretty responsive and has great customer service.
They are one of my favorite companies. Talking to Samantha Obergas and John Demanko via snail emails about it now. Im crossing my fingers and hoping for the best outcome. I had to cancel the movers and was lucky I didn't start ordering livestock yet.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are one of my favorite companies. Talking to Samantha Obergas and John Demanko via snail emails about it now. Im crossing my fingers and hoping for the best outcome. I had to cancel the movers and was lucky I didn't start ordering livestock yet.
We are very sorry this happened! It looks like some of our agents are working with you to get this taken care of! Hope all is well! ~Shaun K.

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like a freight handling issue vs an Algaebarn issue. Glad they are taking care of replacing it. Mine came in just fine. I am super impressed with mine now that I have it setup. I bet you will love yours once you get it setup.

OP
OP
Coomer

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zanthian how did you get your tank in the house? I emailed several local moving companies but none have replied

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the smaller 600, so I bought some furniture moving straps and had a friend help me get it in the house. I think getting movers for the bigger tank would be an excellent idea. Have you tried any of your local fish stores? Some may be setup to help move or setup tanks.

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also had a different brand tank shipped in from California to NC. When the tank arrived you could tell it had a little damage where somebody had ran into it with the forklift. So I feel your pain. Sucks to on a new tank, Algae Barn is a good company I’m sure they will take care of you.

OP
OP
Coomer

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the smaller 600, so I bought some furniture moving straps and had a friend help me get it in the house. I think getting movers for the bigger tank would be an excellent idea. Have you tried any of your local fish stores? Some may be setup to help move or setup tanks.
That’s a actually a good idea! I’ll contact my lfs and see if they have a crew

Tango99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for the moving straps.

I had to move a 900 and it was ok with 2 guys on level ground. However, the moving straps definitely helped going down a flight of stairs.

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zanthian how did you get your tank in the house? I emailed several local moving companies but none have replied
Get with your LFS. Mine, Legendary Aquatics in Chesapeake, VA. They moved my Cade 1800 in for $250. They have the experience and equipment to do the job right. Even leveled my Tank.

OP
OP
Coomer

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the new replacement tank in. The freight company was atrocious to deal with throughout this process. On the other hand, the folks at Algaebarn were really nice.

I hired two men and a truck to carry the display tank in. The 3 dudes that showed up were beasts and made quick work of it. And they did it all for $314. I’m looking forward to get started on this project soon

519D9576-3115-48F4-ABA0-31E7D6769191.jpeg 8D48A8AE-8394-46EE-AD23-778C19389F74.jpeg

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you got your replacement and it looks great setup there!
Excited to follow along with your build. What are you excited about most with your build now?

OP
OP
Coomer

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you got your replacement and it looks great setup there!
Excited to follow along with your build. What are you excited about most with your build now?
Hey thanks! I’m super excited to get it up and running. Looking forward to having coffee beside the tank in the mornings. Hopefully my kids will get to enjoy the tank and take an interest with the hobby.

OP
OP
Coomer

Coomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had time to hunker down and finish the aquascape and sump modifications on the Cade 1500. Took about 3 days to make the water for it in my mixing station. the

Attachments

• 64584D0F-BB9D-40DF-9FB7-A5F5DD0BFD72.jpeg
    64584D0F-BB9D-40DF-9FB7-A5F5DD0BFD72.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 76
Back