Advice for cleaning all in one aquatop 45 gallon

Cpthairychest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy 4th everyone,

I bought a tank back at the end of January and had a certain company whom I bought it from clean it. They didn’t clean anything in the back up until two weeks ago, so protein skimmer and all the fun things were full. Has anyone had one of these before or know how to clean the media’s in back? I’d rather not pay them to service my tank anymore seeing as I can’t trust them. Thanks all!

j

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vinegar or citric acid are both great for cleaning most reef stuff, with citric acid being prefered due to much less smell, and less issues with certain plastics. Let soak for a few hours or overnight and wipe or scrub with a plastic bristle brush or similar. depending on how bad it is, might need ot repeat the process.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So u do guys with "all in ones" use the media balls, etc.? I heard they end up being detritus, and nitrate magnets. Do u clean that area? If u do, how do u get the media out to clean it without having a bunch of junk dropping off the medua and leaking into the system and then getting into the display?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the old water change water to pull out the sponges and bio media and rinse the detritus out in the water change water. You could pull out the media sections and syphon out the back sections as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back