ADVICE for Green Sinularia growing out of control...

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)

I have a 28g JBJ Nano. My sinularia is beyond happy I presume bc it's literally taking over my tank. It's touching my Kenya tree a tad & on the verge to touch zoa colony & RFA'S. I've seen some slime a few times which I think is chemical warfare going on?!

Got it almost 2 years ago, didn't even cross my mind that his main trunk would grow & attach onto rock when I placed frag into a hole. Was new to the hobby, this is another learning experience indeed.

Approx 4 inches of base/trunk is attached firmly onto rock. I'm nervous if I scaple him free so I can remove from tank to prune, it'll either kill it OR release so much toxins, the rest of tank could be compromised.

The rock he's on has no other corals on it. It's epoxyed to 2 other rocks which I could pry apart if absolute must to do what needs done outa tank.

I haven't done any fragging yet, have the tools to do it BUT I don't know what to do about this situation since it's attached on rock.

Hard to see it really good from pic. It's laying on top rock attached from back, where frag plus was placed to front tip. Trunk is at least 1 - 1.5 inch thick.

PLEASE HELP, I always turn to my fellow reefers here 1st for advice :)

20221010_184936.jpg

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wouldn't bother any other corals. It will just shade them out of light. You can literally just use scissors and cut pieces off. That's how I trim both my white and green sinularias and my gorgonia. If you have a spot somewhere or a magnetic frag rack you can make frags. I just donate mine to my fish store.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Colorz

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would bother any other corals. It will just shade them out of light. You can literally just use scissors and cut pieces off. That's how I trim both my white and green sinularias and my gorgonia. If you have a spot somewhere or a magnetic frag rack you can make frags. I just donate mine to my fish store.
Is it ok to frag it in tank?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back