Advice for plumbing new doser? Best fittings and lines?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a GHL Doser 2.1 to replace the Jebao DP4 I currently have dosing Triton method. I am just using flexible air line as my dosing lines but I'd really like a better solution. I've been told mur-lok RO line is good but I have no idea how that would connect to the dosing heads as the slip fittings on the heads seem really small, I have a short piece of extra tubing from my BRS RO unit that I was able to use to test fit and don't feel like it would really fit tight.

I'm not looking for the cheapest solution.... I want the best even if it costs a little more. What fittings and line would you recommend? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a GHL Doser 2.1 to replace the Jebao DP4 I currently have dosing Triton method. I am just using flexible air line as my dosing lines but I'd really like a better solution. I've been told mur-lok RO line is good but I have no idea how that would connect to the dosing heads as the slip fittings on the heads seem really small, I have a short piece of extra tubing from my BRS RO unit that I was able to use to test fit and don't feel like it would really fit tight.

I'm not looking for the cheapest solution.... I want the best even if it costs a little more. What fittings and line would you recommend? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Any pictures?

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures?

Of the install? I have yet to install anything. It is a completely blank slate at this point.

The top pic is what it looked like prior. I have had a custom Reservoir/dosing container built by Barr Aquatic Systems which is the lower pic. I am planning on moving everything out from under the stand to a controller board on the wall. The new reservoir will be on a pedestal next to the tank just below where the doser will be mounted.

379BC8B5-5D2D-4112-BFC5-6914966A0AD6.jpeg

4920BFB0-F8FD-4906-B1B9-5920C075CE02.jpeg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the install? I have yet to install anything. It is a completely blank slate at this point.

The top pic is what it looked like prior. I have had a custom Reservoir/dosing container built by Barr Aquatic Systems which is the lower pic. I am planning on moving everything out from under the stand to a controller board on the wall. The new reservoir will be on a pedestal next to the tank just below where the doser will be mounted.

379BC8B5-5D2D-4112-BFC5-6914966A0AD6.jpeg

4920BFB0-F8FD-4906-B1B9-5920C075CE02.jpeg
The new doser, get idea of suction/discharge

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in what other have to say also. I found at ace hardware some flexable tubing that looked similar to air line but was 1/4" od. I use it with murloc fittings and it has worked good for me so far. I got some1/4" acrylic tubing from BRS. I am thinking of using it to hard pipe most of my lines.

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what @Ryanbrs or @randyBRS can come up with as @Bulk Reef Supply is our go to for plumbing or any parts in general. I originally just took some 1/4" acrylic tubing and cut small sections to jam into the flexible airline tube so I could fit it into the mur-lok connections but this just seems so ragged and I feel like there has to be a better option. The fitting to the doser is my biggest fear. I did have one of the lines come loose from the Jebao doser at one point and it dumped a few ml of elements into the cabinet. Thankfully I only dose 10ml a day but I'd rather have a much better connection all around and maybe even make it look cleaner too.

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what @Ryanbrs or @randyBRS can come up with as @Bulk Reef Supply is our go to for plumbing or any parts in general. I originally just took some 1/4" acrylic tubing and cut small sections to jam into the flexible airline tube so I could fit it into the mur-lok connections but this just seems so ragged and I feel like there has to be a better option. The fitting to the doser is my biggest fear. I did have one of the lines come loose from the Jebao doser at one point and it dumped a few ml of elements into the cabinet. Thankfully I only dose 10ml a day but I'd rather have a much better connection all around and maybe even make it look cleaner too.
If in case you stay with original. On mine is put a dab on all connections of super glue on each doser hose on pump heads.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deleted

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how something like this would work...

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mur-lok-stem-adapter-tube-x-hose-stem.html

It's designed for 1/4" soft tubing so it might be a stretch getting it on the soft tubing of the doser. You would still need another adapter to go from the stem to RO Tubing. I'll be looking for something similar for my dosing setup in the future so very curious to see how your work it out:)

I actually bought like 20 of those for the purpose. I haven't received them yet so I'll let you know as soon as I am able to check.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First that is one clean cabinet;) I bought a GHL doser and asked some of the same questions. Flexible silicon tube is what I came away with, it gripps the barbs very well, some also insist that small zip tyes be used.
I use the same brs kit on my containers and have no issues with the tube and connectors.
6438.jpg

OP
OP
Ignitros

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First that is one clean cabinet;) I bought a GHL doser and asked some of the same questions. Flexible silicon tube is what I came away with, it gripps the barbs very well, some also insist that small zip tyes be used.
I use the same brs kit on my containers and have no issues with the tube and connectors.
6438.jpg

Thank you for the compliment! I used the same tubing off amazon.com. So your suggestion is to just use the same tubing? You feel it works fine? I've just seen posts where the flexible tubing doesn't stay connected very well.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the compliment! I used the same tubing off amazon.com. So your suggestion is to just use the same tubing? You feel it works fine? I've just seen posts where the flexible tubing doesn't stay connected very well.
I guess thats were the zip tyes come in

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back