Advice on a new LED fixture for my new reef.

Israeli Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
I'm looking for a new LED fixture for my new mixed reef cube.
The tank is going to be 27" long/27" wide/22" tall.

Price is not much of an issue, BUT i'm not gonna spend 600-700$ on a Radion. so that's off the list.
other then that- the only thing i want is a good and slow sunrise/sunset effect (so basically, controllable), and i prefer fixtures that i can mount on top of the aquarium, instead of drilling the walls or ceiling.

So what should i buy?
AI Hydra FiftyTwo?
Maxspect Razor/Mazara?
Kessil A360N (in that case, one is enough?)?
Something else?

Waiting for your answers,
shay.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the kessil and love it. It may not work for your set up. It's recommended to cover a 24"x24" area and because of the way it's designed when used with a controller they come on and go off at around 14% but they do ram to anything inbetween.

Bad Company

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used ecoxotic strip lighting, a Kessil A350, and a reefradiance DM-155e. I highly prefer the reef radiance on a 30X30X16 tank

jayhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex Illumina's are being discounted through Bulk Reef Supply. They are more pricey but they are versatile with sunrise/sunset, moon, lunar cycle, clouds, lightning storms. They are also easily upgraded to accommodate different color spectrum's. They can be mounted to the tank. The light is 3 to 4 inches from the water surface. You will have to order acyrlic "feet" that sandwiches the tank between the mount. The "feet" come in various thicknesses depending on your aquarium glass thickness. I have been using this light for a year. My only gripe is that they allow so much customization, it's hard to find the right intensity and color combination. BRS has a great demo video. Youtube has a few as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back