Advice on adhesives

Rham1281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my scape is pretty minimalistic and tame, no insane overhangs. The only rocks that I would be looking to attach together would be the 4-5 in the pile on the left. I see a lot of people recommend Marco-400 for a good mortar. Since I don't have a whole ton of crazy things to put together, I don't want to get the entire bucket off of BRS and have most of it go to waste. Are there smaller portions of the Marco? Are there other products that would work just as well that don't come in a huge quantity?

Smaller aquascape.jpg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco cement is hard to beat. The epoxy putty will be a work but will not anywhere near as strong as the Marco. I've used both and rocks with epoxy I could pry apart with a screw driver. The rocks with the Marco in think I would have to beat apart with a hammer. Also using that you can crush up some rocks to make powder and small rubble and put it on the mortar joints to hide them. Just food for thought.

OP
OP
Rham1281

Rham1281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco cement is hard to beat. The epoxy putty will be a work but will not anywhere near as strong as the Marco. I've used both and rocks with epoxy I could pry apart with a screw driver. The rocks with the Marco in think I would have to beat apart with a hammer. Also using that you can crush up some rocks to make powder and small rubble and put it on the mortar joints to hide them. Just food for thought.
I picked up some epoxy to try out and compare. It's curing now so I'll have to wait and see. I'm thinking the mortar is going to be the way I go. The putty's strength does not instill confidence..

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some epoxy to try out and compare. It's curing now so I'll have to wait and see. I'm thinking the mortar is going to be the way I go. The putty's strength does not instill confidence..

The putty is incredibly strong when it dries. It does not have good "sticking" properties, but in your situation you don't really need it to.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued my newest aquascape together with thin super glue and baking soda (or rock dust if you have any from breaking rocks apart). It would be plenty strong enough for what you want.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back