Advice on Buying a Used Apex

Jud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I’ve been saving up my pennies and am finally ready to take the plunge on my first Apex system.

Was having trouble finding exact answers on the forum, so I thought I’d ask everyone’s advice.

I’d love to stay in the $500-600 range. Initially looking at the Apex EL, as ORP monitoring isn’t really necessary for me. But I do know that the full Apex does have some cool advantages like individual outlet monitoring.

My question are thus: is it worth buying a NEW Apex El or can deals be had used on a full system? Are there any common issues to look out for when buying used, i.e. dried-up probes?

For my purposes, the EL would be sufficient. But it looks like a used Apex system can be had for right around that ballpark with some wheeling & dealing.

Any input is very much appreciated!

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I’ve been saving up my pennies and am finally ready to take the plunge on my first Apex system.

Was having trouble finding exact answers on the forum, so I thought I’d ask everyone’s advice.

I’d love to stay in the $500-600 range. Initially looking at the Apex EL, as ORP monitoring isn’t really necessary for me. But I do know that the full Apex does have some cool advantages like individual outlet monitoring.

My question are thus: is it worth buying a NEW Apex El or can deals be had used on a full system? Are there any common issues to look out for when buying used, i.e. dried-up probes?

For my purposes, the EL would be sufficient. But it looks like a used Apex system can be had for right around that ballpark with some wheeling & dealing.

It took 2 months of looking, but I picked up a BNIN full system for $525.
You should expect to pay around $700 for a BNIB one, and $600-$650 for a used one.
I love the ORP and Salinity, as well as the ability to take advantage of the full system.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

Its nice If they can reset it to factory condition for you as well... that way when you start it up its like you just opened and started it for the first time... hooking it up to wifi and everything is a breeze... Guy I bought my Apex Lite from did this for me and it couldnt have been easier... Not sure if that’s necessary with newer models... but just wanted to throw that oit there

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the EL has individual power monitoring as well. I'm toying with the idea of getting one myself too. In the case of something like this I'd probably prefer it new unless it was a substantial difference, and I'm not at all opposed to buying things used.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an EL, it has monitoring too. The $300 difference is a few v0-10 ports, salinity, ORP... and something else I can't remember.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took 2 months of looking, but I picked up a BNIN full system for $525.
You should expect to pay around $700 for a BNIB one, and $600-$650 for a used one.
I love the ORP and Salinity, as well as the ability to take advantage of the full system.

Wow, where did you find these deals? Are they a local shop or online?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back