Advice on buying tank for QT

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After everything I've read here, I've decided to get a QT tank and going through the QT procedure before putting anything in my 150 Gallon DT.

My question is, would a 15 Gallon tank kit like this one on Amazon work? It already has a HOB on back, pump, filter, etc and it looks easy to set up. I have spent so much time setting up and working on my DT tank, that I really just want a "plug and play" option for the QT tank so I don't think anything.

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After everything I've read here, I've decided to get a QT tank and going through the QT procedure before putting anything in my 150 Gallon DT.

My question is, would a 15 Gallon tank kit like this one on Amazon work? It already has a HOB on back, pump, filter, etc and it looks easy to set up. I have spent so much time setting up and working on my DT tank, that I really just want a "plug and play" option for the QT tank so I don't think anything.

The amazon item linked is a usb wall charger, anyways, yea you don't need to spend much or make it complicated. you could just get a 20 gallon tank and a nice sized sponge filter and some pvc pipes for hiding. That's the setup I see most.

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My humble 20 long QT, oversized HOB, tight lid, and a sandbox for the goby.
10FB580C-A160-40E8-87DC-79064E3BB198.jpeg

OP
OP
Boaz1021

Boaz1021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to buy everything together, this is a nice option.

lol, sorry about that, I guess the link didn't save when I tried to do it at 2:30 this morning and when I pasted it, it wouldn't show me the preview. BUT this is the tank I was trying to link:
It's a 15 gallon all in one:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you're not trying to qt anything to big i dont see what that wouldn't work. I don't see any mention of a heater, so you would also need one if it doesn't come with it. I would also get a small air pump and airstone, or small powerhead so you have them if you need them, I know some medications will reduce oxygen levels in the tank.

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was the HOB included in the kit, or did you piece the kit together yourself?
I pieced it together, and oversized the filter, which is a Fluval 20-50 gal HOB. All in, it was $300, including light, cover, stand, tank, filter, heater.

I really wanted the 20 long so I can quarantine fish comfortably before putting them in my 75-gallon. Since it’s in my office, I’ll probably just keep it running with a few smalls after I finish stocking my 75.

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how I started up my QT:

I was able to put together a nice QT for what I think is a reasonable price:

20 gallon tall. $23 (PetCo 50% off sale)
Aquarium cover $15
Sponge filter $8
Air pump $10
LED light. $11
Heater $22
Thermometer $5

Total: $94 for the QT setup

image-jpg.2266639

The one that you linked would also work perfectly

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back