Advice on how to feed my Snake EEL? -Its not a Moray. Banded Snake EEL.

waverider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She only comes out at night (Hall n' Oates reference, please ignore) -could not resist. . Please excuse corny. So I have been dropping in Mysis Shrimp cubes after lights out, but cant be certain my Snake EEL is getting them because I have hermit crabs...clean up crew who look for that food too. . She wont come out during the day so I cant verify she's eating.. Should I switch to fresh seafood on a wooden skewer? How are you all feeding your snake EELs?

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know anything about that particular eel but I would normally feed eels seafood from the grocery store. Clams, mussels, squid, octopus, scallops, fish, shrimp, ect. Fresh is preferable

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,yes start her with small small thawed pieces of cocktail shrimp,after lights out,stick in with tongs wave around a lil bit,wait till she comes out put it in front of her nose,they are practically blind :)

OP
OP
waverider

waverider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I will try the Cocktail shrimp on a stick. -Sounds ideal, I would prefer to see her eat. Tonights behavior leads me to think she took the small chopped up pieces of Cod I dropped in the tank in the middle of the night while she was "patrolling". -I had left the chopped up Cod while she was patrolling in the dark, and when I came back about 30 minutes later she had burrowed again. -Where previously she would be out all night. Wondering that she might have eaten and gone back into the sand bed.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tonight, make sure she is eating ,kinda delicate eel,but once eating no problems :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back