Advice on quarantine tank

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 30g 36 x 12 tank I'm setting up as quarantine tank,I have a spare aquaclear 110 hob filter with sponges I was thinking of using,will this be a suitable set up?,I'll be doing a fishless cycle with Dr Tims stuff,for now its going to be a holding tank for the lone survivor of velvet outbreak in my 100 g,I lost 10 fish in a week and for some reason this melanuras wrasse looks healthy and vibrant and eating well apparently unscathed,although I have my doubts he's been like this for 10 days or so after I pulled out the last fish,so my plan is to remove him from the display to the 30g and go fallow for the requisite time,I don't plan on medicating the 30g right now,just want to observe the melanurus,because I'll be treating all new fish with copper etc in the 30g after fallow period on DT,does this sound workable?,will the 30g with hob work?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 30g 36 x 12 tank I'm setting up as quarantine tank,I have a spare aquaclear 110 hob filter with sponges I was thinking of using,will this be a suitable set up?,I'll be doing a fishless cycle with Dr Tims stuff,for now its going to be a holding tank for the lone survivor of velvet outbreak in my 100 g,I lost 10 fish in a week and for some reason this melanuras wrasse looks healthy and vibrant and eating well apparently unscathed,although I have my doubts he's been like this for 10 days or so after I pulled out the last fish,so my plan is to remove him from the display to the 30g and go fallow for the requisite time,I don't plan on medicating the 30g right now,just want to observe the melanurus,because I'll be treating all new fish with copper etc in the 30g after fallow period on DT,does this sound workable?,will the 30g with hob work?
Personally, I'd add one or two big sponge filters as well - they are more effective as biofilters, and the extra aeration helps during prazi treatments.

Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back