AEFW treatment, best options, unique situation, looking for opinions

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer is a very effective dip for AEFW, you just cannot see anything in the dip afterwards, so it is hard to tell how many came off. It is gentle on smooth skinned acropora.

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they were AEFW. And I saw them in the bucket after my dips, among the planaria. I also took a dead frag to the space and science education center I volunteer at, to look at the eggs I found on it under a microscope. It confirmed what I thought. I figured it would hurt to try flatworm exit, so I did that first then added a size line and did dips. Took 6 weeks but it worked for me.

x2uranium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it was 50 ml per gallon I will double check haven’t done a big batch in a while

x2uranium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up 2 large tubs and dipped in 1 and rinsed in another large container then back in the tank.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so the dips and fish is what killed the aefw and not the flat worm exit?
I believe it was 50 ml per gallon I will double check haven’t done a big batch in a while

So we are talking about this stuff, right?

1591207488605.png

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I can’t remember which version I used though or how much I used per gallon. I just followed an old thread I was reading at the time. I know there is marine and pond versions and they are just different strengths of the same stuff. Just make sure your using the same version as whoever gives you the right ml per gallon for the dip. Hope someone else can be more specific with that. It’s been like 8 years since I used it to dip with.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back