• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Aeraqua Duo - World's first dual intake with dual needle wheel skimmer

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, there is a video on youtube where a guy does an unboxing and shows how the white intake tubes can be pulled away from the skimmer body and attached to a CO2 scrubber or ozone.
Thanks, I think I found it. Roughly 10min mark of

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
There will be, both a larger and smaller model, but won't be ready until later this year or Q1 2020.
Thx, I know it's way early but any idea on size/footprint increase roughly on larger model?

Also do we know when this current model becomes available?

reef-rc

View Badges
Reaction score
Any idea when the unit can be purchase? Seems like no one talks about availability base on a simple search and a number of videos I saw.

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
So it's October now.... :cool: can I buy one yet/any ETA? Thx
Sorry, I replied about the wrong product a moment ago. lol I think we are announcing availability next week, so we're still on track for stores having them this month!

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry, I replied about the wrong product a moment ago. lol I think we are announcing availability next week, so we're still on track for stores having them this month!
How about you send me one to test out. I'll put it through it's paces and let everyone know how it works.

Not gonna lie the "reviews" from Reef Builders and Aaron's Aquarium sounded more like sales pitches than reviews. They didn't even have the skimmer running in a tank. How do you review something without even putting in a tank?

It does look like a promising skimmer, especially if you can scale it down a little for smaller tank owners. Any reviews out there if it actually operating?

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
How about you send me one to test out. I'll put it through it's paces and let everyone know how it works.

Not gonna lie the "reviews" from Reef Builders and Aaron's Aquarium sounded more like sales pitches than reviews. They didn't even have the skimmer running in a tank. How do you review something without even putting in a tank?

It does look like a promising skimmer, especially if you can scale it down a little for smaller tank owners. Any reviews out there if it actually operating?
Maybe @TheHarold can chime in because I know he's running one. We didn't have any hand in providing those skimmers for review. I watch both of those guys' videos though and read their stuff, although I do not know them personally. But I would give them the benefit of the doubt that what they say is how they actually feel because it jives with my colleague @[email protected]'s experience with the skimmer. He sent me these pictures yesterday:

maxspect-skimmer-1.jpg

maxspect-skimmer-2.jpg

Granted he works for CoralVue who distributes Maxspect in the USA, so you'll probably take that with a grain of salt.

We are announcing the availability to our retail partners next week as the first container of production skimmers arrives to our warehouse tomorrow. So I imagine you'll begin to see testimonials from other R2R members in the weeks ahead.

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
There will be, both a larger and smaller model, but won't be ready until later this year or Q1 2020.
I've had the skimmer for a while now and I love it it's great. The only thing I need is a bigger one. Any updates on the larger size? Thx

I did notice when you set up the controller there's an option for three different sizes...

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I've had the skimmer for a while now and I love it it's great. The only thing I need is a bigger one. Any updates on the larger size? Thx

I did notice when you set up the controller there's an option for three different sizes...
I haven't heard any updates myself. Maybe @csmaxspect has some insight? ;Woot

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Can i replace the silicon tubes with ozone resistant tubing for the aeraqua duo? I would like to run ozone on my skimmer..

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
So since this thread got revived I have an honest question about water height with these skimmers. I’ve been debating on running a 400 on my current reef and getting a 600 for my all out sps 125 build. From my reading these can be run as recirculating skimmers of sorts. If you choose to run them in that configuration is it possible to run them in deeper water like a standard recirculating skimmer? If not what is the deepest the 400 can run efficiently in?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
So since this thread got revived I have an honest question about water height with these skimmers. I’ve been debating on running a 400 on my current reef and getting a 600 for my all out sps 125 build. From my reading these can be run as recirculating skimmers of sorts. If you choose to run them in that configuration is it possible to run them in deeper water like a standard recirculating skimmer? If not what is the deepest the 400 can run efficiently in?
Hi, thanks for your support. If you want to use the recirculating function, I'm afraid only AD600 has this kind of function, because the water inlets of AD600 skimmer is adjustable, you could adjust the water inlet to be 100% open, 50% open or totally close. While MJ-SK400 Skimmer does not have this function, the water inlets of which is fixed and not adjustable. They are 100% open to draw water in.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your support. If you want to use the recirculating function, I'm afraid only AD600 has this kind of function, because the water inlets of AD600 skimmer is adjustable, you could adjust the water inlet to be 100% open, 50% open or totally close. While MJ-SK400 Skimmer does not have this function, the water inlets of which is fixed and not adjustable. They are 100% open to draw water in.
Got it thank you! To modify my original question then to match your information, if you were to run the 600 as recirculating, could it be ran efficiently in deeper waters?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Got it thank you! To modify my original question then to match your information, if you were to run the 600 as recirculating, could it be ran efficiently in deeper waters?
Hi, well it depends on the volume of your water. If you have a lot of water, and close one side for recirculating, then the water treatment speed might be lower than keeping two sides open to draw in water, so the the water treatment efficiency of one open side might be lower than that of two open sides. But if you have a smaller tank, one side drawing in water could meet your requirement, you could close the other side and do the recirculating. In a word, it's about water treatment speed that you need, and reach a balance in using the skimmer.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
It would be small enough to get away with one side. That said, would it act as a normal recirculating skimmer and not matter what what the water level is or would it still need to be in the recommended water level?
Hi, It will act as a normal circluating skimmer no matter what the water level is. But we recommend to use it in the recommended water level, and adjusting the water outlet could control the water level easily.

Reaction score
Hi, It will act as a normal circluating skimmer no matter what the water level is. But we recommend to use it in the recommended water level, and adjusting the water outlet could control the water level easily.
I don’t think I am getting my point across as I’d like it to be understood. With most recirculating duel pump skimmers it does not matter what the water level is in the sump. If I was to run the 600 in the recirculating configuration would it operate as well as a normal recirculating skimmer? Meaning does the water level in the sump matter? Or does it still need to be ran in the recommended sump water level?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t think I am getting my point across as I’d like it to be understood. With most recirculating duel pump skimmers it does not matter what the water level is in the sump. If I was to run the 600 in the recirculating configuration would it operate as well as a normal recirculating skimmer? Meaning does the water level in the sump matter? Or does it still need to be ran in the recommended sump water level?
Yes the water level will matter. Even if you close one side and run that one side as recirculating, the water level in the sump will still effect the other side that is drawing in water and air with the same pump. No matter how you set this skimmer up it will always be drawing in water and air with the same pump, and water level in the sump will effect the performance of the skimmer.

Have you ever had an aquarium heater issue before?

• Yes, heater exploded

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Yes, heater "stuck" on

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Yes, heater wasn't big enough

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Yes, heater just stopped working

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • NO

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%