AF Calanus

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by Aquanino, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Aquanino

Aquanino Member

What are your experiences with AF Calanus when you feed. I sprinkle a little over my night frozen feed. The problem I have is the amount of this stuff that stays floating on the surface. I have a shut off valve when feeding so food does not end up in my sump and gets consumed but I now have to wait for 30min to an hour to make sure this stuff is gone. Below is a pic of what AF Calanus looks like floating around.

D61FC0DC-EC05-4E1D-9C24-76C3FCF6D7DE.jpeg

Tags:

2. Anirban

Anirban Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yeah it does float at the surface but my fishes grab them from surface so no issues with that.

3. Aquanino

Aquanino Member

Thanks for clarifying thought mine may be off. My tangs do grab from the surface, anthias not so much.

4. sa6hir

sa6hir Active Member

I rinse it in a baby brine shrimp net then empty it in to a small container with water let it settle. What’s floating I drain. What’s at the bottom I feed.

5. Aquanino

Aquanino Member

Currently I net everything, maybe should try that when I am short on time and can’t wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted