Affordable CUC for sale-Near Sewickley

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got lots of Astrea and large Florida Cerith snails for sale in addition to lots of frags. I have a separate thread on the 3RMAS page here for my frags. I thought this might be unique enough for it's own attention catching thread title.

Large Astrea snails (~1") $15 for 10
Small Astrea snails (~3/8-1/2") $10 for 10
Large Florida Ceriths (1-1 1/2") $15 for 10
Emerald Crab (Very limited supply) $8/ea

Singles for the same price can be added on to any other snail or frag purchase.

I felt inspired to try to do something to try to help bring down the cost of the hobby a bit for some local people after I bought a few astrea snails from one of our LFSs only realizing after I got home that I was charged $4/ea for them. I mostly wanted to see if my fish would bother them before buying a bunch, but I didn't realize just how much they would cost. The high price for snails at LFSs everywhere has kept me from buying too many local, and the minimum order and 2-3 day shipping for ordering online has kept me from ordering online for a long time. I finally broke down and decided to order online, and instead of just ordering what I needed I'd order a bunch extra and offer them to local hobbyists at what I think is a fair price without the need for a large minimum order size, or worry of long shipping times being hard on the animals. I'm really hoping this helps out alot of local hobbyists that are having the same dilemma I was about getting a CUC. Should be perfect for those with small-medium sized tanks, or for anyone who is just looking add a boost to their CUC.

For now I just ordered a few types of snails, but if they are popular I'd consider expanding to more species of snails, hermits, or other CUC. If you're interested in something else and would want to buy them in the future leave a comment so I have an idea later on what people are looking for.

PXL_20201006_202840111.jpg PXL_20201006_204354580.jpg PXL_20201006_205825427.jpg PXL_20201007_045030944.jpg

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to rain on your parade man but your snail prices are the same as The Reef Gallery and your Emerald crabs are more expensive. You might still get some buyers who don't want to drive up though. My buddy Justin used to go to Wet Pets and buy 3 snails for $20 instead of taking the drive.

OP
OP
R

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to rain on your parade man but your snail prices are the same as The Reef Gallery and your Emerald crabs are more expensive. You might still get some buyers who don't want to drive up though. My buddy Justin used to go to Wet Pets and buy 3 snails for $20 instead of taking the drive.
Thanks for the feedback, truly appreciated. Glad to hear that Reef Gallery has decent snails prices. I really gotta start making the drive out that way more often. The LFS closest to me in Sewickley has pretty high prices for their CUC, but is still my most frequent place I go simply because it's on my way home from work.

This is mainly just me dipping my toes in the water to see what the local reefers have to say about it and to see if keeping extra CUC on hand to sell makes sense or not. Plus I enjoy selling/trading frags so might be a nice way to get more people to stop by for more of a one stop shop or might bring in more people to see what frags I have in person too that might not have come otherwise. I wanted to try to pick a price that would be sustainable in case it's popular and I end up making more orders in the future. I think the bit of profit I would make at the prices I have are just enough to justify that. Very experimental for sure, I'll see what the local market says :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back