Afraid of parasite infection in humans

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be fixated on the reef tank thing when trying to figure out what's wrong with you. Its probably just a coincidence. Do you know how large this hobby is worldwide and how rare what you're talking about actually is in comparison?

There's very likely something wrong with you that has absolutely nothing to do with your reef tank. Sounds like a blood infection or you're spetic. This happened to my older sister last month. Almost all the symptoms youre describing it was a very serious situation. If you keep deteriorating and you're not exaggerating here. Stop DR. GOOGLING and coming to a reef forum for medical advice and go to the ER!
If you feel as bad as you're saying and you're not exaggerating your decisions in the next few days could be life or death. When my neice found my sister she was in bed and couldn't even get to her phone to call for help. My niece went because she couldn't get in touch with her. The hospital said another day or two and she'd have check out from planet earth. She's 48 years old

Not trying to scare you but medical is no joke. Leave it up to the professionals and not a reef tank forum or Google.
Wanted to do thumbs up and a hug but we can't do 2.
That's great advice and I hope your sister's okay!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am worried I might been infected with a parasite from the tank, I am going to the doctor tomorrow I have constant pain like it was a flu specially in joints and stomach.
I wonder if my tank might have too many critters.
is it normal that after a feeding if I place the plastic cage for nori in a water bleach solution allot of worms and critter flows out.
seems like these are suspended in the water and not limited to the live rock. I am worried I got infected a few months back when I cleaned the tank but got exposed over my arm and it got red for a while. If I take a drop even from the surface there are tons of worms
I feel like I can’t get this tank clean no matter what I do
You probably don't have a parasite - However - you could - depending on your medical situation - have a systemic bacterial infection - like mycobacterium. Of course - this is not medical advice - just a comment - and BTW - thats ignoring all of the other things that can cause these symptoms - outside the reef tank. Best wishes

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not worms, you likely have allergic rash and irritation

nobody catches worms or parasites from a reef tank but dangerous bacteria are there. Likely skin irritation and rash

the microscopic organisms aren’t a risk they don’t host in humans it’s the bacteria and palythoa juice people mind.
A skin rash does not cause stomach pain, etc - and the other symptoms he is talking about or?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back