afrokobe

afrokobe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looks great! Did you use live rock for this tank or dry?
Thanks! Dry rock, but I seeded with a piece of live rock from my lfs and added some stuff from IPSF. Seems to have giving me a good mix of biodiversity. No real "dry" rock issues

PandorasChalk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks! Dry rock, but I seeded with a piece of live rock from my lfs and added some stuff from IPSF. Seems to have giving me a good mix of biodiversity. No real "dry" rock issues
With my coming 40 gallon I have thought about taking this same route. I have leftover LifeRock I never used from the 14 and I figured pairing with a nano live rock kit would work. did you have any curing time from the live rock before you used it?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
afrokobe

afrokobe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
With my coming 40 gallon I have thought about taking this same route. I have leftover LifeRock I never used from the 14 and I figured pairing with a nano live rock kit would work. did you have any curing time from the live rock before you used it?
no idea, it was sitting at the LFS's tank for a while. There were some coralline already growing, so I expect it was cured for a while

Any experience in photography?
no experience at all! My first real camera with the a6000, prior to that was just the occasional vacation snap with the phone camera.

AquaCave

How close to perfect, for you, is your reef aquarium?

• IT'S PERFECT NOW

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • It's getting close

Votes: 43 14.5%
  • It's about half way there

Votes: 53 17.9%
  • It's slow but progressing

Votes: 92 31.1%
  • It's not even close

Votes: 87 29.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.7%