After 5 months and 22 days..... the tank is here (but not as ordered).

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1617214412251.png

I poked this morning and received a response the same day.... wow... it's an Easter miracle. We shall see what next week brings.
Early next week has come and gone. Is there a update on your new tank and also what you are to do with the other tank that is most certainly just another customers who kept quiet about the mixup?

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, he's been quiet as a church mouse all week. No updates.
He's been in heated debate all week with another member who received their tank a week ago. That tank was left in the driveway without warning. Upon inspection, it was warped. That guy spent all week fighting with Adam until he got him to agree to a return and refund.
Interestingly, that tank is the same size as mine. I told him if he tries to ship it to Fla, to let me know!
I sent another request for an update on Friday. Hopefully, I will hear something on Monday.

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's been in heated debate all week with another member who received their tank a week ago. That tank was left in the driveway without warning. Upon inspection, it was warped. That guy spent all week fighting with Adam until he got him to agree to a return and refund.
Interestingly, that tank is the same size as mine. I told him if he tries to ship it to Fla, to let me know!
I sent another request for an update on Friday. Hopefully, I will hear something on Monday.
Is there a thread on here about this? Man this is F’d up! I guess me and the guy I found out about them from got lucky. I would have already shown up to his place of business by now.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read thru whole thread. Sorry for your troubles. You are way more patient than most. I would be considering a refund and ordering from somewhere else by now.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my god, you have every right to be over the edge. I just read your whole thread. I would have let my inner godzilla go after seen the scratch. I hope you get the tank exactly as you ordered it. Keep him on his toes, this guy seems to be needing to be pushed to deliver the right things.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a business owner, if you arent checking your client emails daily and responding within 1-2 business days you should be ashamed. There is no excuse.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if that was your tank and he knew he couldn’t pull a fast one on you with a warped tank so tried to pawn it off on someone else.

I do hope you get your tank, in the correct dimensions and colors, and with a check taped inside, so you can look back on this as just a crazy story to tell friends when showing them your tank!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a thread on here about this? Man this is F’d up! I guess me and the guy I found out about them from got lucky. I would have already shown up to his place of business by now.
No, the forum member sent me pictures DM. He also reached out to Joe for feedback before he contacted the vendor. It stood off of the ground a good 1/4" on one side and wobbled. :oops: Otherwise, he said that the seams and craftsmanship were good. The initial reply was tough luck, no refund. After much contention back and forth, he is now awaiting a refund and an appointment to pick up the tank.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if that was your tank and he knew he couldn’t pull a fast one on you with a warped tank so tried to pawn it off on someone else.

I do hope you get your tank, in the correct dimensions and colors, and with a check taped inside, so you can look back on this as just a crazy story to tell friends when showing them your tank!
Definitely not my tank, LOL. The back on his was black. Mine should be blue.

I am looking forward to putting this behind me. I don't know what is happening in this guys life. Maybe something personal happened that threw him off of his game. Whatever it is, hopefully... this run of bad tanks ends with me and things will look up going forward.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a business owner, if you arent checking your client emails daily and responding within 1-2 business days you should be ashamed. There is no excuse.
Hi @Cell ... I just got a response 5 minutes ago...
1618159005826.png

I guess we will see if I get pictures tomorrow.
Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished reading this whole story, my goodness! Your a better person than I. Glad you can keep so positive! Keep it up, the world can use more people like you.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flying Pig GIF by TELUS

Anybody see one of these in the sky this week? Be on the look out! I think my tank is actually shipping!! I reached out to the vendor tonight and he sent me these pictures. I asked if it had shipped today as stated, but I have not received a response as of this posting. Presumably, it will be going out if it hadn't yet.
I can only zoom in so much, but it looks like equal thickness all around and the seams appear to be better. There is no tape measure on it, so we'll hope that it is plumb, square and the right dimensions.
I also asked about my check and what the fate of the other tank shall be.
I'm sure there is more to come but right now... I'm just relieved and sooo happy at the color. Not starting a debate but I have never liked black on tanks. That was a deal breaker... just love this blue.
Google is not playing nice.... need to restart and try to attach the pics. Stand by while I resolve technical difficulties....

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flying Pig GIF by TELUS

Anybody see one of these in the sky this week? Be on the look out! I think my tank is actually shipping!! I reached out to the vendor tonight and he sent me these pictures. I asked if it had shipped today as stated, but I have not received a response as of this posting. Presumably, it will be going out if it hadn't yet.
I can only zoom in so much, but it looks like equal thickness all around and the seams appear to be better. There is no tape measure on it, so we'll hope that it is plumb, square and the right dimensions.
I also asked about my check and what the fate of the other tank shall be.
I'm sure there is more to come but right now... I'm just relieved and sooo happy at the color. Not starting a debate but I have never liked black on tanks. That was a deal breaker... just love this blue.
Google is not playing nice.... need to restart and try to attach the pics. Stand by while I resolve technical difficulties....
When you get it, send an email saying “I wanted it black!”. Then follow up with JK, I didn’t want to be the only one on the roller coaster.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back