After 5 months and 22 days..... the tank is here (but not as ordered).

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be watching this thread to see what the builder says.
I am in the process of considering/ordering a custom tank.
I will most likely go through a local lfs.
I got my current 120 ordered through lfs. I was able to inspect it prior to taking delivery.
Hang in there until you hear from the builder.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put a Band Board on that Stand, This is
image.jpg
if you decide to keep it, and get some money back. I would be concerned about the Acrylic Thickness.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one more thing to keep in mind, (and a reason to get what you ordered) with the difference in thickness between the front/back and sides, any mag mounted pumps and mag cleaners will have to be different sizes to accommodate the thickness differential.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a chance I would accept that product. I don't know your laws, but if this occurred in Oregon it would likely be a breach of contract. (Lots of qualifiers there for legal reasons)

I hope and assume they will make it right. Based upon how far off the build was, I'm guessing the builder has some serious financial issues going on. I truly hope you don't end up holding the bag on this one....

I would only accept two outcomes:
1. A huge refund that satisfies you
or
2. Replacement with a tank to your specs as agreed upon.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bet is on wrong shipping label. Fingers crossed. Sorry you are going through this.
That is what I am hoping and praying for. I have a sinking feeling that he is going to avoid me on this. Not sure what my next course is if he blows me off. I suppose I can reach out to the bank about a charge back. I'm confident that I can win in small claims but which state... his or mine?
Let's just hope it does not come to that.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one more thing to keep in mind, (and a reason to get what you ordered) with the difference in thickness between the front/back and sides, any mag mounted pumps and mag cleaners will have to be different sizes to accommodate the thickness differential.
True point. Will the Sicce SDC wavemaker magnets even work on 1" sides?

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could put a Band Board on that Stand, This is
image.jpg
if you decide to keep it, and get some money back. I would be concerned about the Acrylic Thickness.
I can... at the expense of buying more matching quarter sawn oak material from the vendor that made the skirts. $$$

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I am hoping and praying for. I have a sinking feeling that he is going to avoid me on this. Not sure what my next course is if he blows me off. I suppose I can reach out to the bank about a charge back. I'm confident that I can win in small claims but which state... his or mine?
Let's just hope it does not come to that.
It's complicated regarding venue.

I assume this didn't pass through a credit card but was rather a transfer from your bank?

1. Contact your bank.
2. Contact whatever software payment vendor you used.

Likely either state small claims would work but actual collection would be more difficult. Easiest would be small claims in his state...

If you are friends with any lawyers in Florida, ask them. If you lived in Oregon, I'd help you and he'd be toast (assuming he ignores you).

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very common to use a drain hole size that fits a 1.5" bulkhead. That way you can use 1.5" PVC inside the tank/overflow and immediately step-down/reduce the exterior pipe to 1.25" or 1". It provides sufficient flow from inside the overflow to "collect" at the reduction and helps minimize noise. Think of the 1.5" bulkhead and interior drain pipe as a "glory hole" system leading down to a final 1" drain pipe size...

1614450427258.png
Excellent point. I was just in the garage measuring @rossco suggestion to clear the stand with elbows. From the bottom of the overflow box to the top of the stand, which is now in the way, it is 11". So, I'd need to use 1.5" pipe to maybe a 135 degree elbow to reduce backup, then another to go down again. Somewhere before the sump, have a gate valve, unions, reducer ... lions and tigers and bears oh my. I'll need to scale this out.
Perhaps I can add a 1 x 6 in the center 3' section or a sheet of solid plywood, then cut the top beam to permit the pipes to go straight down. I'll have to crawl under there and see. No chance that I'm rebuilding the whole gambit. I have drawers made to fit the left side, not yet installed. The right side is designed for the RO system and dosing pumps.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's complicated regarding venue.

I assume this didn't pass through a credit card but was rather a transfer from your bank?

1. Contact your bank.
2. Contact whatever software payment vendor you used.

Likely either state small claims would work but actual collection would be more difficult. Easiest would be small claims in his state...

If you are friends with any lawyers in Florida, ask them. If you lived in Oregon, I'd help you and he'd be toast (assuming he ignores you).
Debit card through "Freshbooks". I'll reach out to Wells Fargo on Tuesday if he does not respond on Monday. I am confident that I would prevail, as I have every single conversation except one in email form. The one was by phone because I wanted to settle up any changes and make certain we were on the same page. Thus, the call was a review of what is in the actual emails. This is in addition to the size specified on the actual invoice.
I really do want to be nice about this.... but ....

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Debit card through "Freshbooks". I'll reach out to Wells Fargo on Tuesday if he does not respond on Monday. I am confident that I would prevail, as I have every single conversation except one in email form. The one was by phone because I wanted to settle up any changes and make certain we were on the same page. Thus, the call was a review of what is in the actual emails. This is in addition to the size specified on the actual invoice.
I really do want to be nice about this.... but ....
Fantastic. Does the debit card have the visa or MC logo? Regardless you probably have protection that way and should prevail

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... If this is a case of misplaced label, then perhaps someone received yours in error as well. Could be an easy fix if both parties ship it back. Talk to them.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... If this is a case of misplaced label, then perhaps someone received yours in error as well. Could be an easy fix if both parties ship it back. Talk to them.
That's my hope. Still no response. I'm trying to keep an open mind... trying to weigh out all of the possible outcomes.

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you hear back??

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back