After 5 months and 22 days..... the tank is here (but not as ordered).

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong dims, wrong back color, and the 1/2" acrylic on the front and back. I would not accept the tank either, under no circumstances. I'm sure the tank is Eurobraced being that long but 1/2" come on? What were they thinking?
They weren't.... If I do not have a response by noon... I'm going to poke him.
The 1" thickness is actually a huge problem because I just purchased Sicce SDC wavemakers over the holidays and they will not attach to material that thick. It is too late to return and order new ones. Anything that can hold a magnet through 1" material is also going to be very expensive. If the tank was going to be 1" from the jump... I could have ordered accordingly but if you plan for one thing and get another... no bueno.
Of course, all of that is irrelevant if it fails. There is one picture that I took of a hazy seam, which would indicate potential failure down the road. I'm not an expert on acrylic fusing but it makes you go hmmm....

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They weren't.... If I do not have a response by noon... I'm going to poke him.
The 1" thickness is actually a huge problem because I just purchased Sicce SDC wavemakers over the holidays and they will not attach to material that thick. It is too late to return and order new ones. Anything that can hold a magnet through 1" material is also going to be very expensive. If the tank was going to be 1" from the jump... I could have ordered accordingly but if you plan for one thing and get another... no bueno.
Of course, all of that is irrelevant if it fails. There is one picture that I took of a hazy seam, which would indicate potential failure down the road. I'm not an expert on acrylic fusing but it makes you go hmmm....
That would concern me too. I'm no expert either but all of my seams look like mirrors.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
POKE POKE
Chicken Poke GIF by happydog
POKE POKE
Still crickets....

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1614814377824.png

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
Latest update... trying to remain optimistic.
you should ask him to confirm if someone else ordered a tank with the specs you received: a combination of half inch and 1 inch acrylic!

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should ask him to confirm if someone else ordered a tank with the specs you received: a combination of half inch and 1 inch acrylic!
I sent him all of the specs of the tank received.... and all of the specs in summary of the tank ordered. Regardless of the circumstances that got us here, I just want to ensure that the next tank that shows up on my doorstep is built to spec.

zalick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent him all of the specs of the tank received.... and all of the specs in summary of the tank ordered. Regardless of the circumstances that got us here, I just want to ensure that the next tank that shows up on my doorstep is built to spec.
I meant ask him that to get him on record as confirming a shipping mixup or not... for your future use if necessary....

Holding out hope for you though!

Last edited:

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They obviously messed up pretty bad for whatever reason. Glad to see they want to make it right! I hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They obviously messed up pretty bad for whatever reason. Glad to see they want to make it right! I hope it works out for you.
We are not defined by our mistakes or lapses in judgement... we are defined by how we react to them. I like to believe that given the opportunity, most people will do the right thing. Remaining optimistic.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading your initial post and knowing I would be receiving my aquarium the next day, I knew I would have an issue. Sure enough, wrong cabinet delivered after 4 months. Vendor taking his sweet butt time with an answer, too.

I give myself one more day to remain calm to get an answer lol.
Any update on your stand?

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what are the chances that they would send out 2 almost identical tanks on the same day after 5 month build time? id ask to see the other customers work order with all their personal stuff blurred out and the proof they shipped out same day... sounds made up honestly. i guess you never know though. i bet they are delaying the email responses so they can build your tank right now

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are the chances that they would send out 2 almost identical tanks on the same day after 5 month build time? id ask to see the other customers work order with all their personal stuff blurred out and the proof they shipped out same day... sounds made up honestly. i guess you never know though. i bet they are delaying the email responses so they can build your tank right now
You know what? Even if this is a load of hooey, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. We have all done something in our life to save face. If they are building it right now and building it to spec ... exceptionally well ... then I will be grateful. There are a LOT of small businesses that don't want to absorb the loss of manufacturing something a second time and they'd take their chances on a charge back. I'm going to treat the situation with respect and so far, it seems that they are treating me in kind. This is far from over but I am going to try to stick to the high road and hope it works out.

fade2black

Is this thing on?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what? Even if this is a load of hooey, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. We have all done something in our life to save face. If they are building it right now and building it to spec ... exceptionally well ... then I will be grateful. There are a LOT of small businesses that don't want to absorb the loss of manufacturing something a second time and they'd take their chances on a charge back. I'm going to treat the situation with respect and so far, it seems that they are treating me in kind. This is far from over but I am going to try to stick to the high road and hope it works out.
Good for you. We need more positivity in life like this.

esiebert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

esiebert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? I just read as I am suppose to have the exact same size tank built from the same manufacturer. Just curious if they made it right as this has me worried.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree, and what are the chances that the person that “ordered” the OP’s tank hasn’t noticed or replied to the builder about the mix up, someone specifying those dimensions would notice they didn’t get what they ordered and what are the chances that someone would even order a tank with those dimensions in the first place.

If this is just a saving face excuse it’s not one that is believable, even if the builder does make this right, it’s a bit astounding that they can let a customer wait 6 months for a tank and then ship them one that is so wrong it’s not even funny.
I’m amazed they even have a business if they can get something so wrong.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back