After 5 months and 22 days..... the tank is here (but not as ordered).

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1614636116184.png

Got this update from the vendor this morning. Remaining positive....
Good Vibes GIF by GIPHY Cares

jradishness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1614636116184.png

Got this update from the vendor this morning. Remaining positive....
Good Vibes GIF by GIPHY Cares

I find it strange they need to reach out to another customer. If this is truly a case of a shipping mistake, surely they have records of building the tank they sent you? Surely there’s an order somewhere with its dimensions. Surely someone remembers building a screwy 1” acrylic across one dimension and 1/2” across the other aquarium in the last few weeks.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it strange they need to reach out to another customer. If this is truly a case of a shipping mistake, surely they have records of building the tank they sent you? Surely there’s an order somewhere with its dimensions. Surely someone remembers building a screwy 1” acrylic across one dimension and 1/2” across the other aquarium in the last few weeks.
LOL - That occurred to me also. That said... there is a reasonable chance that if they shipped three tanks out and if a shipping error was made, then the labels could have been wrong on all three tanks. Lord knows who has what at that point.

I'm going to make a positive assumption that this was just a really big error and hope they are true to their commitment to making it right.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would think they would have the paperwork or customers name on the tank when completed.
Any new news?
Well, technically, my name should have been on the $184 refund check that he was supposed to tape inside the tank. Does that count?

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crickets GIF
Not a peep. I'm working from home tomorrow. If I do not hear from him by the afternoon... I'm going to start poking.
Sorry.... If someone else received the wrong tank, costing thousands, and knowing how particular we all are, they would know by now... And would have notified him like you did. . :oops:

Last edited:

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading your initial post and knowing I would be receiving my aquarium the next day, I knew I would have an issue. Sure enough, wrong cabinet delivered after 4 months. Vendor taking his sweet butt time with an answer, too.

I give myself one more day to remain calm to get an answer lol.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading your initial post and knowing I would be receiving my aquarium the next day, I knew I would have an issue. Sure enough, wrong cabinet delivered after 4 months. Vendor taking his sweet butt time with an answer, too.

I give myself one more day to remain calm to get an answer lol.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Oh Dang, so sorry to here that. I guess better the cabinet than the tank but still... you gotta put that bad boy on something. Here we are now... me with a stand that doesn't fit my tank and you with a tank and no stand. Ain't we a pair?
aint nobody got time for that GIF

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrong color back (on top of everything else) sealed it for me. Use the months you are waiting for your new-new tank to arrive to buy everything else you need— from plumbing right down to sand. It will help pass the time. (And of course tell them you expect your redo to jump to the front of the production line.)

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry.... If someone else received the wrong tank, costing thousands, and knowing how particular we all are, they would know by now... And would have notified him like you did. . :oops:
Maybe they decided they liked the tank they got better then the custom they ordered and it came with a check!! Woohoo! ;Greedy:D

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wrong color back (on top of everything else) sealed it for me. Use the months you are waiting for your new-new tank to arrive to buy everything else you need— from plumbing right down to sand. It will help pass the time. (And of course tell them you expect your redo to jump to the front of the production line.)
Sadly... I have everything but bulkheads and sand. At this rate, I may be the first customer in line for the new TBS!!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wrong dims, wrong back color, and the 1/2" acrylic on the front and back. I would not accept the tank either, under no circumstances. I'm sure the tank is Eurobraced being that long but 1/2" come on? What were they thinking?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back