After ReefFlux Foxface eating bryopsis?!

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ton of bryopsis growing in my overflow. Dosed ReefFlux and within only 1 day my Foxface started eating the algae! So weird because he didn’t have any interest, at all, until now. Went from lots of bryopsis to very little in only 4 days. Anyone else experience this?
Before treatment:
E1874CA9-5DC3-4628-84B1-62EAEB68CCF2.jpeg
4 days of treatment:
BD7FC034-B932-4F47-AE46-25B866BB77B2.jpeg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same experience. Just seems like when the bryopsis starts to degenerate, the herbivores/omnivores start to take an interest. My tangs and foxface will start to eat it when they would never touch it before. I haven't seen any adverse affects other than a slight reduction in ALK and Cal consumption during the treatment, which tells me the corals aren't crazy about the fluconazol, but they do well. Haven't seen any STN or RTN yet. The fish have had no ill effects at all. They seem to appreciate it.

I will say that I've had to treat the tank more than once. After I thought all of the bryopsys was gone, it would come back. It's been about 3 months since the last treatment, and no signs of the devil algae. Fingers crossed. I have a dose standing by in case it comes back.

OP
OP
taulgrl

taulgrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same experience. Just seems like when the bryopsis starts to degenerate, the herbivores/omnivores start to take an interest. My tangs and foxface will start to eat it when they would never touch it before. I haven't seen any adverse affects other than a slight reduction in ALK and Cal consumption during the treatment, which tells me the corals aren't crazy about the fluconazol, but they do well. Haven't seen any STN or RTN yet. The fish have had no ill effects at all. They seem to appreciate it.

I will say that I've had to treat the tank more than once. After I thought all of the bryopsys was gone, it would come back. It's been about 3 months since the last treatment, and no signs of the devil algae. Fingers crossed. I have a dose standing by in case it comes back
I have a feeling this isn't my last battle with this stuff but for now I seem to be winning :)

Fredrxn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ton of bryopsis growing in my overflow. Dosed ReefFlux and within only 1 day my Foxface started eating the algae! So weird because he didn’t have any interest, at all, until now. Went from lots of bryopsis to very little in only 4 days. Anyone else experience this?
Before treatment:
4 days of treatment:
What kind of fox face?

ElementReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is entirely what happens with my Foxface, Emeralds and bubble algae. They ignore it, then when I manually rip it out or even just pop it, they happily eat the scraps.

♂️

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before treatment:
4 days of treatment:
Same experience here but mine coincided with dosing Tropic Marin Trace A and K and vinegar in the kalk.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back