after six months of Fowlr, I have become a reefkeeper

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Ya'll!
After six months of saying "corals are a racket!" and "I like fish not immobile plant monsters", I have joined the dark side and have started my first reeftank, currently has 2 Pulsing Xenia frags (which are so cool) and also soon a Duncan and maybe some mushrooms in the future! Wish me luck!
Its as addicting as fish!! That just means you need both!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Ya'll!
After six months of saying "corals are a racket!" and "I like fish not immobile plant monsters", I have joined the dark side and have started my first reeftank, currently has 2 Pulsing Xenia frags (which are so cool) and also soon a Duncan and maybe some mushrooms in the future! Wish me luck!

Welcome! Glad you joined. My roots are also FOWLR, but do enjoy the color and movement corals bring into tank. ... but I also understand why you might call reefing the 'dark side' lol !!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Dawsonville:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
M

Mackey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. My roots are also FOWLR, but do enjoy the color and movement corals bring into tank. ... but I also understand why you might call reefing the 'dark side' lol !!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Dawsonville:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks I will definitely look into those!

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a slippery slope.....

upgrade your lights - smile

aquaman-oldschool.gif

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back