Aggressive Clownfish

SpaceInvader98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I have this new tank running for like 3 weeks. In it I have an urchin 5 snails and recently I added a maroon clownfish. All are doing great. When I got that kind of clownfish I didn't know that it is an aggressive and territorial fish. Based on what I did read is that maroon clownfish get really territorial and will attack new fish and corals. What should I do? I was planning to get some other fish and soft corals next month, I don't want them to be fighting and stuff. The fish I'm gonna add are, 1 firefish, 1 royalgramma, 1 cardinal and a designer clownfish and I'll see some easy to care soft corals. Gonna add 2 each week. What should I do? Replace the whole tank? Maybe get a bigger tank and put in the skimmer, rocks and live sand that's already cycled from this tank? Or just return him back? Thanks.

Last edited:

Nanoreefer4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too small for maroon. they can get to 4" big. You should trade or getting psie of smaller size clownfishs. That urchin shouldn't be in there too , it will knock everything and no space for it to move around

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d rehome him, do you if tank has finished cycling yet? What are your water parameters? If and when your tank is cycled, I’d add a designer clown, but I’d put him last, firefish first, then gramma. Good luck

OP
OP
SpaceInvader98

SpaceInvader98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too small for maroon. they can get to 4" big. You should trade or getting psie of smaller size clownfishs. That urchin shouldn't be in there too , it will knock everything and no space for it to move around
It has been in there since day one. keeps moving around the tank. I'll trade it soon if I won't get a bigger tank

OP
OP
SpaceInvader98

SpaceInvader98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d rehome him, do you if tank has finished cycling yet? What are your water parameters? If and when your tank is cycled, I’d add a designer clown, but I’d put him last, firefish first, then gramma. Good luck
Okay great thanks. 0 ammonia 0 nitrites. And Im doing 10% water change every 4 days

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back