Aheinz's 57 varieties of Fraggalicious (Fianlly alive after a year!)

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tank

Current Picture Date: Nov 29, 2020
TANK: Waterbox Frag 85.3 Black Cabinet

PARAMETERS
Just started the cycle of the tank using algae barns nitrocycle and fritz turbo 900​

20201202_160813.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock
Current ideal list (open to suggestions)
2- Oscellaris clown fish (note 1 will be moving from my 20g nano)
1- Blue sapphire damsel (moving from 20gal nano)
1- Royal Gramma / basslet
1- Red lined / Canary / Melanarus Wrasse
1- Shrimp goby (hi fin red banded or yasha) with pistol shrimp (wondering if i still have my ninja pistol hiding in my 20)
1- yellow head Jawfish

potential others
Falco hawkfish
1-2 flashers or fairy Wrasse
flameback angel

once again I am open to sayign thats to much or wont work and I will adjust

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current Fish Stocking list:
1- normal oscellaris
1- snowflake oscellaris

Current Corals:
1 Duncan

Current Inverts:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also goign to grab a skimmer plate and rock rubble for the sump

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep and not happy about it I've been fighting it for a long time. Also doesnt help that currently I'm out of country and have been thoigh my family has been awesome with tank maintenance. My new tank I'm doing the fish, inverts and corals are making the transfer but none ofnthe rock will. (Of course going to cycle the new tank) all coral will get treated to a dip as well and gunna scrub snail and hermit shells to do the best to keep it from transferring (I also really dont like the idea of using chemicals to rid the tank of it)

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
odds are you will if they are that plentiful in the current system. Enough of them (i imagine) will be able to ride on over.
I'm going to do what I can to prevent that with the next by dipping the corals I'm transferring. The red planaria was what made realize I needed to dip corals and change up new additions especially when I upgrade. My tank which I'm hoping feburary will be the time frame I start the cycle on the new tank. The tank when i ordered it had a 8-12 week lead time so beginning of February it should ship at the latest

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright besides the controller, all equipment needed has been bought now to wait for tank delivry and me getting home

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fianlly got the release fo frieght, meanign this week it should be shipping woohoo

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is the big Day! My New tank will finally arrive, found out I'm missing a piece to a wavemaker, lovely, workign on figuring out whether i misplaced it or need to get a new part, contact support from the company I ordered from since it was a piece they had use for photo shoots. Side note almost lost my my ricordea when using flat worm exit, they are slowly bouncing back reduced light, and their mouths are closing (looked up about yuma's and when they aren't fairing well, they have been recovering though.

I have taken some photos of some of the process of my aquarium controller cabinet. and will contineu to take progress pics and do a photo dump and write up later =)

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank was Delivered safe and sound, will upload photos soon. no damages, very high quality packing too, got a few more things to buy locally, then can set it up and also need to order rock and sand and figure out my water situation most likely going to buy 5 gallon just of distilled water for the initial, need to also buy turbo start and ammonia source (most likely through Algae barn) to start the cycle.

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty havign some hiccups here and there but getting things figured otu as i move forward, once i get everything placed equipment wise plannign to do the photo dump of those photos, then will work the next stages

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty BIG news update, sadly my new WB tank is on hold, until I move, in a few months,

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty everyone, I officially have my new tank wet, waiting on the cycle kit from algae barn, will be updating the first posts to current pics and info soon! I'm excited to finally have my new tank up and running

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back