AI blade grow light 30inch best settings?

daryl213

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help me out on finding the best settings for the AI blade grow lights by chance? I started noticing algae growth in my rocks since switching can anyone out there share their settings by chance? Thanks in advance!

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help me out on finding the best settings for the AI blade grow lights by chance? I started noticing algae growth in my rocks since switching can anyone out there share their settings by chance? Thanks in advance!
Try searching the lighting thread.

I'm not very knowledgeable on that specific light but you can always lower the intensity of the whites and reds. I'm kind of dealing with my own new lighting setup. For me I'm cranking up all the blue colors and keeping the red down to around 20% and dropped the cool White to 60% and my observation after a week has shown the major decrease in the ugly algae. Its kind of a trial and error and basically watch your corals and see how they react and it they look stressed lower the intensity and observe how they react, just remember to go slow and give them time to acclimate to your new light. Sorry that's about all the info I have as I come from an era of fluorescent lighting and I'm new to these new LED lights myself. I'm sure others will chime in, just remember every tank is different and what works for one may not work for the other.

OP
OP
D

daryl213

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try searching the lighting thread.

I'm not very knowledgeable on that specific light but you can always lower the intensity of the whites and reds. I'm kind of dealing with my own new lighting setup. For me I'm cranking up all the blue colors and keeping the red down to around 20% and dropped the cool White to 60% and my observation after a week has shown the major decrease in the ugly algae. Its kind of a trial and error and basically watch your corals and see how they react and it they look stressed lower the intensity and observe how they react, just remember to go slow and give them time to acclimate to your new light. Sorry that's about all the info I have as I come from an era of fluorescent lighting and I'm new to these new LED lights myself. I'm sure others will chime in, just remember every tank is different and what works for one may not work for the other.
Thank you so much for this information I will definitely try that out and lower down the whites! Appreciate any form of feedback and info really appreciate it!

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for this information I will definitely try that out and lower down the whites! Appreciate any form of feedback and info really appreciate it!
If you like the brs videos brs investigates did a whole series on light tests and old way of thinking vs new etc etc. the last video in the series talks about light settings and what they used for what. The ai blade is in it. It was actually a really good series to make you think. And the science they talk about in the last video is real. I looked into it myself after watching it.

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the blade? I just ordered a 48grow to hopefully kill some of my shadowing
Did you ever find that video? I took a snapshot of the settings if you need it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back