AI Hydra 26 fan issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jake_Janoski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wiring may be off. can you add a photo of the motherboard and where the fan connects.

OP
OP
G

garyfri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two of these lights on my 75 gallon and I have swapped the power supply and the one still does it (same one regardless of power supply). Here is the pic of the motherboard. the fan power line is plugged in fully. Not sure where the temp sensor is but I am assuming it is working as it shuts the light down.

IMG_20200719_155215.jpg

Jake_Janoski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suspicion is a short I would recommend cleaning all metal contacts with an electronics cleaner and then testing. If this still does not fix it then try testing for continuity and see if there is a short, what I believe is happening is the voltage is either too low or too high and as a result the fan stops.

Jake_Janoski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry for my late response, I believe the temperature sensor is bad I might be able to track one down for you and send you the link as well as install instructions or maybe even a new board. Let me know the exact make and model and I’ll help ya out.

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have replaced my fan twice and nothing has changed.
My light shuts off for a while because the fan will not spin and cool the light. attached video of what occurs. attached link of the parts I have replaced.

Same thing happened to one of my ai hd 26 lights. Changed the fan and tried other power supply but would cut off when it got too hot due to fan not coming on. Fan works as it spins on startup.

Would love to know if a board or part can be just switched out.

But as a temp fix I got these fans to put on top and put them on a timer (apex) to run little before and little after peak light times and haven't had a problem since. Fans are pretty quite and it works...

OP
OP
G

garyfri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry for my late response, I believe the temperature sensor is bad I might be able to track one down for you and send you the link as well as install instructions or maybe even a new board. Let me know the exact make and model and I’ll help ya out.
They are the Hydra 26HD

OP
OP
G

garyfri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to one of my ai hd 26 lights. Changed the fan and tried other power supply but would cut off when it got too hot due to fan not coming on. Fan works as it spins on startup.

Would love to know if a board or part can be just switched out.

But as a temp fix I got these fans to put on top and put them on a timer (apex) to run little before and little after peak light times and haven't had a problem since. Fans are pretty quite and it works...

Cool. Was the USB cable long enough or did you get an extension?

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Was the USB cable long enough or did you get an extension?

I can't remember but I think I got a short extension cord but don't remember. I dont think it came with a USB to wall adapter either. My cords are a jumbled mess or I would go check but I twist tied them to the ai light cable at the back of the tank so its hard to see how long the cord actually is.

Jake_Janoski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey been looking the past two days for links but have you tried factory resetting the lights (Gray Button) this will reset and readjust anything new and get everything working right.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 165 61.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.2%
Back