AI Hydra 26 HD Beeping, Won't Turn On

TheLadyCrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my current lighting setup is 2 Hydra 26 HDs running in Child/Parent mode. We had a power outage of about 4 hours today and at first, everything was fine once the power came back on....until the BEEPING.

A couple hours later, I walk by the tank and noticed the "child" fixture wasn't lit. I checked the MyAI app and it showed indeed the child was offline. I figured I would do a power cycle on it as a first step but nothing happened. None of the indicator lights were on and I noticed the green light on the power supply wasn't on either. Did another power cycle and saw the green light on the power supply light up for about a half second before dimming to off and then noticed a BEEPING sound coming from the power supply.

Yes, I am absolutely sure the beeping was coming from the power supply....I held it up to my ear to check and then gently set it back down before unplugging and running away like I had just unpinned a hand grenade. The parent fixture is running just fine.

Anyone experienced this before? I plan to call AI tomorrow but I'm hoping I'm not the only one and that my fixture isn't toast. Sorry this was so long.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switch power supply to a working unit and see the results. I have a feeling power surge may have fried the supply.
Also test a working power supply from working 26 HD to this one and see, eliminate the possibility of a burnt light fixture.

OP
OP
TheLadyCrash

TheLadyCrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switch power supply to a working unit and see the results. I have a feeling power surge may have fried the supply.
Also test a working power supply from working 26 HD to this one and see, eliminate the possibility of a burnt light fixture.

I put the working power supply on the "bad" light and didn't turn on. :( I was afraid to put the beeping power supply onto the light that is working for fear it may fry it (not sure if that's possible).

I haven't heard back from AI yet but I've heard their customer service/ warranty is the greatest. Im trying to be positive but I think I may be SOL.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a working power supply did not turn the unit on then it could be 2 things.
1. Bad light fixture with burnt power module
2. Bad wireless communications between master/slave units.
Either way if units are under 1 yr purchase date they are covered under warranty. I would just call them. Good luck.

islandbreeze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got ten hds and had a problem w one. i registered product, called them and they sent replacement new for blinking red light issue, they bill you for 1 dollar only and if you dont send yours back within 30 days, they charge you full amount. Great customer service dont worry. they even give you call tag free ship back.

Rotorocious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got ten hds and had a problem w one. i registered product, called them and they sent replacement new for blinking red light issue, they bill you for 1 dollar only and if you dont send yours back within 30 days, they charge you full amount. Great customer service dont worry. they even give you call tag free ship back.
I had the same experience. My lights wouldnt update firmware correctly and i had to hard reset them just to get them to work. Got a new one easily.

Greekreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same problem today, any update what happen eventually?

OP
OP
TheLadyCrash

TheLadyCrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same problem today, any update what happen eventually?

AI replaced it under their warranty. I called them up and they sent out a brand new one the next day. Be aware, they required a credit card number in the event the original unit isn’t returned to them. At first I was a little annoyed but I’d rather give them a CC number and send the unit immediately instead of waiting for them to receive the original bad unit first. I sent the original back as soon as I verified the new one worked. Overall great customer service.

Greekreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not lucky because i have it allready 1,5 years i think warranty has expired.thanks for the information i order a new one from my local fish store.

m00ndawgtcl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not lucky because i have it allready 1,5 years i think warranty has expired.thanks for the information i order a new one from my local fish store.
I might be a little late to the party but did you give customer service a call? I also have the same issue with my hydra 26. I emailed them and they responded quickly but the instruction I was given did not work. I will call tomorrow and see what they could do 4 me. I'm also over my warranty...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back