AI HYdra 26 HD stuck updating firmware

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to go ahead and try to get my lights set up this morning and the software indicated my light needed an update. It has been stuck updating for over an hour and the progress bar is going nowhere. I can't do anything else with the software while it is stuck?? I have 4 lights that are going to need the update , this is crazy!!

I don't think it is doing anything. How do I stop this and have any of you been able to update the firmware for your lights easily? I am using the myAI app on my ipad. I have all 4 lights set up as parents because I read that this works best. I had to move my router into the same room with the lights just to get them to connect correctly.

I must say that I am very frustrated with how hard it has been to set these up and I am not even there yet. Any help?

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just updated mine like 2-3 days ago with 0 issues. I waited till lights were out, started the update, and by the time I was in bed it was finished. It probably took 5-10 minutes total.

Ps My fixtures are 26hd.

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just updated mine like 2-3 days ago with 0 issues. I waited till lights were out, started the update, and by the time I was in bed it was finished. It probably took 5-10 minutes total.

That is great! I wish this was my experience.

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try using a cell phone? I always mess with my lights on my iPhone and I deal with lost network connection sometimes but usually I can reconnect in 1-2 tries.

I am trying using my laptop now and it is the same issue. I figured maybe my ipad was the problem, but I guess not. I am afraid to try updating any of the other lights now. I unplugged the light I have been trying to update and plugged it back in. It won't light now? I am guessing the failed update is the issue.

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to hold the button down for 10 seconds until the indicator light flashes red and then go back and reconnect to the light after 1 minuet has passed giving the light time to reconnect to a wireless access point. No problem! I love these lights and in my honest opinion I think all lights are their pros and cons but when I see people complain about ai setup I’m always confused because I am not tech savvy at all.

Ps I think once you get the hang of it these lights will be a breeze to setup.

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to hold the button down for 10 seconds until the indicator light flashes red and then go back and reconnect to the light after 1 minuet has passed giving the light time to reconnect to a wireless access point. No problem! I love these lights and in my honest opinion I think all lights are their pros and cons but when I see people complain about ai setup I’m always confused because I am not tech savvy at all.

Ps I think once you get the hang of it these lights will be a breeze to setup.

I am not tech savvy at all, that is probably a big part of my problem..lol.. I will try the reset and see if that helps. Thank you.

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resetting the light worked Thanks so much for the help.

Sarah72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem bud! If it says you couldn’t connect or something along those lines just click on the particular unit again under devices
Hi can anyone help im in same position with uodate required after loosing power. Im usually pretty savvy at resetting mine works via a director and ive re set director and hydra light all OK. Light is on an connected but flashing like mad I assume doing its uodate but still getting stuck half way along doni just let this run until done it is something sticking?? How can I get through this if I've already done the resets as above thanks folks

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back